Thread: Lunches at work? page

pandasaurus is offline Junior Member

Lunches at work?

Shop Now
    My boyfriend's job requires him to be on the road around lunch time, so I only end up making him sandwiches for lunch. What kind of lunches can I make him that don't require a microwave or fridgerator?

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    I take a tupperwear container, put a bed of lettuce, some carrot/sticks, drizzle olive oil over it, then take a can of tuna and mix it with red horseradish and a lil more oil, then i cut 3 hardboiled eggs in half and lay it on top of the tuna/lettuce n carrots. It's actually pretty filling and delicous.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    I take a tupperwear container, put a bed of lettuce, some carrot/sticks, drizzle olive oil over it, then take a can of tuna and mix it with red horseradish and a lil more oil, then i cut 3 hardboiled eggs in half and lay it on top of the tuna/lettuce n carrots. It's actually pretty filling and delicous.
    And if you're concerned about it getting mushy, you could always have the veg separate and mix it as you're going to eat it. I often get baby greens and they go to mush very quickly. I think you're supposed to limit tuna due to mercury, but there are other proteins in the same spirit so it's not like you'd have to do tuna all the time. Get some sardines, canned wild salmon, etc.

I have to try the red horseradish. That sounds amazing.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I would make him a salad and have the dressing in a separate container. Put it in one of those lunch bags that are insulated and allow ice packets to keep the food cold. Other options are hardboiled eggs and a handful of nuts on lighter days. I eat a lot on the road and there are so many better options than just packing a sandwich.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    And if you're concerned about it getting mushy, you could always have the veg separate and mix it as you're going to eat it. I often get baby greens and they go to mush very quickly. I think you're supposed to limit tuna due to mercury, but there are other proteins in the same spirit so it's not like you'd have to do tuna all the time. Get some sardines, canned wild salmon, etc.

I have to try the red horseradish. That sounds amazing.
    Nah it doesn't get too mushy. I use regular lettuce and make it the night before.

And yeah it's like horseraddish with red beets. It tastes great, is zero (or negligable) calories and gives food (like tuna) some really nice color

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    If you get one of those wide neck thermos flasks you can have hot food too. Soups/stews etc