Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin Water page

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member

Vitamin Water

Primal Fuel
    What a crock of crap that is!

I went to the grocery store today and because the Canada games are happening now the vitamin water people were passing out free bottles to customers entering the store. Incidentally there was a Coke truck parked in front of the store too.

I said no thanks but on my way out I had to satisfy my curiosity so I asked the guy how much sugar in a one cup serving. He said I don't know what is in a cup but the small bottle he was passing out had 20g of sugar. 5 tsp's I said. Wow. Incidentally it looked like 8-10 ounces at most.

So I had to ask him how this was good for us with all the sugar. His response was fruit has sugar so what is the difference. I suggested perhaps fiber and fruit doesn't contain synthetic nutrients.

He also proceeded to tell me it had organic cane juice. I said are you kidding me? Do you really believe that is better than the pestiside containing sugar?

Irritated I told him he should look into some nutrtional education. Vitamin water would be like Coke putting vitamins in their product.

I saw several people happily take the free bottle. Boy they really didn't get such a good deal.

Oh I guess I made his morning. LOL

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    There's one born every minute, as PT Barnum didn't say.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Little_Fish is offline Member
    yeah, it's an attractive scam.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I like to drink a glass of water with a plate of meat and veggies... vitamin water right there!

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    At that point, you may as well drink some juice. Of course trying to convince people that juice should generally be avoided is another battle. Yes, a little fruit is good for you. No, a dozen pieces of fruit with the fiber removed consumed all in one go is not good for you.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't the company sued recently for claiming Vitamin Water actually had health benefits? vitamin water sued
    Calm the f**k down.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    What is really sad is how many people are duped by the horseshit.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    "Organic cane juice"

Right.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    isn't vitamin water made by coke? and wasn't there a soda a few years ago with vitamins added, pepsi or coke? i recall driving by a billboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast