Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Primal Breakfast without eggs or nuts

Primal Breakfast without eggs or nuts

Shop Now
    Hi

I live in a household where there are no eggs or nuts (my daughter has allergies).

Can anyone suggest a quick and easy primal breakfast that does not involve eggs or nuts?

thanks

Sausage , raw cheese & celery is one of my favorites. You can make a double batch of links up and pre cut the cheese and celery to make it quick.
    Brad

late onset type1 diabetic 4-27-10 @ age 30

What about seeds? You can make a porridge of sorts out of flaxseed, coconut, fruit, and dairy/dairy alternative of your choice.

Sausage, store bought - try less familiar varieties for breakfast such as Apple Chardonnay. Ground turkey breakfast sausage with ginger from allrecipes.com.

Chorizo/italian sausage/breakfast sausage & sweet potato hash. Could also use some spicy shredded chicken, lamb, shrimp, or whatever. I eat this almost daily (albeit with about 3-6 eggs thrown on top) and the combo of spicy meat + sweet potato never gets old. Very filling, too.r

Mind you, you want to treat this hash differently than you would one with white potatoes. Sweets don't crisp on the edges very well (they become either weirdly resistant to the bite, or sugary & burnt), so I prefer to throw them in on top of a pile of sauteed onions, peppers, and meat, allowing them to catch steam from everything underneath and not have much direct contact with the pan.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

My favourite quick and easy would be sockeye salad, tuna salad or chicken salad stuffed in a red pepper half or in a romaine wrap.

Leftovers work well too.

Shop Now
    Anything you would eat for lunch or dinner, its just another meal in your day, who says it has to be eggs?
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley