Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What exercise can anyone recommend for someone who loathes it with a passion... page

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member

What exercise can anyone recommend for someone who loathes it with a passion...

Primal Fuel
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the food bit of PB, and walk about 3 miles a day and definitely carry a heavy thing (2 year old anyone) but beyond that the thought of doing the sort of training I read about here makes me dizzy and I have to go lie down in a dark room with some whipping cream and raw cacao.

I don't want to get "ripped" or at all sexy (lord knows that will never happen now ...) but I do want to tone up and stop feeling as though everything has already headed south.

I am a single parent with NO babysitting facilities and even less cash - what I do have I spend on my, and my son's, nutrition and home comforts - so even joining a yoga class is not an option.

Any sensible ideas gladly welcomed - thank you

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Simplefit. Probably the simplest effective program you can do for free. Search this forum for the big thread on it, started by Cheapo.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I love SimpleFit. I just add in some of PB Fitness plank stuff. I probably don't need to but what the hell.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Vigorous sex.

Gordo

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Kettlebells. Not necessarily simple (you definitely want to be sure you know what you're doing before you get started with them - I taught myself from an assortment of videos - mostly from crossfit - on youtube) but they're a blast to workout with.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I like the free PB Fitness workout (pdf on the Fitness Forum.) Progressive, so you can start easy & work your way up.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I think that if you keep on eating a clean paleo diet and continue your walking you will definitely reach your goals to tone up. I have two friends who just eat clean paleo diets and walk a few times a week and they are already at their ideal weight after 6 months. Unless you are trying to get ripper or add on muscle mass, all you really need to do is walk a lot and you should be fine since diet is the most important factor.

And since you have a son you can just take him to the park and just "play" a lot. It is free and you both will get a lot out of it
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I kind of like exercise and there are days when even I don't want to do Simplefit.

You like to walk a lot. That's great! Other than that, just play. While you're out and about, if you feel like doing something goofy with your body like hopping a fence or climbing a rock or going for a swing on the monkeybars, do it and don't worry about reps or duration. There's no need to try to force yourself to like a certain kind of exercise. Just move your body however you want.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I kind of like exercise and there are days when even I don't want to do Simplefit.

You like to walk a lot. That's great! Other than that, just play. While you're out and about, if you feel like doing something goofy with your body like hopping a fence or climbing a rock or going for a swing on the monkeybars, do it and don't worry about reps or duration. There's no need to try to force yourself to like a certain kind of exercise. Just move your body however you want.
    I agree. You will be getting the exercise that Grokinas have been getting for millions of years.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast