Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw vs Roasted (Macadamia) Nuts page 2

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Roasted ones from Whole Foods are not time consuming (as making your own can be, esp. if you are already cooking every meal like most of us). There is NO added oil, and very lightly sea salted. Highly recommend these. The raw ones are okay, but not in comparison to carefully roasted ones!

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    I go for the dry roasted ones. Best deal I've found are the ones at Shaw's (New England supermarket), 6.5oz for $4. Not great but not bad. I just wish it wasn't so easy to plow through the whole jar; they don't often last very long.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Buy them raw, soak them yourself for a few hours, rinse them and soak them again for a few hours, toss them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven or a food dehydrator for a few hours at 150 degrees until they're dry. Now you have all the benefits of soaking AND roasting for phytate and lectin deactivation.

Or you could not eat nuts and eat something way tastier and way bigger for the same amount of calories, like coconut flour zucchini muffins which are frigging awesome, or coconut milk ice cream.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 09-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12