Thread: Anybody Heard of TexasGrassFedBeef.com? page

Jreyes2265 is offline Member

Post Anybody Heard of TexasGrassFedBeef.com?

Shop Now
    Hey guys, how you doing!?

So, as I become more and more interested in eating primal for my goal to fat loss and being healthy, I realized finding grass fed meat is harder than originally thought. I live in southern California and I have looked online and tried to find places where they would sell meats of all kinds. I have yet to find a spot, I'm very new to searching for these types of markets, so it's a possibility that I may be not looking efficiently, but I am just not sure what to do.

However, I came across this website www.TexasGrassFedBeef.com and it seemed that was a light at the end of my tunnel. The website claims it sells 100% Grassfed beef, (compared to being grassfed then grain fed towards the end of the animals life before they kill it) as well as no anti-biotics, hormones, grains etc, etc.. but aside from having a poor looking website, I just wanted to make sure this company can live up to it's claims.

They offer a wide-range of meats that you'd be lucky to find locally, (I think) and even though the prices are expensive, is it worth it? They have excellent choices, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Bison/Buffalo, Poultry & fish. They seem like a passionate company, because not only do they offer food, but they have articles on there talking about health, and why grains are bad like Mark advocates. I would appreciate if you guys could check it out and see if this is a good find, or if I should keep looking?

Has anybody on MDA heard of this company?
    Any concerns you'd advise me to be aware of?
    How are the prices? (also needs shipping added to them)
    Anybody in Southern California that knows meat places?

Thanks so much you guys,

Jorge

jnmarz30 is offline Member
    Interesting. I'd never seen this site before. I can't speak to its legitimacy, but the prices are fairly close to what I pay for grass-fed/pastured meats from a local homestead farm (note: I'm in NY, though, not CA). I might see if I can get Husband to agree to trying some of their precooked beef products. Those are a little harder to find in my area and it would be nice to have a reliable source for them.

canio6 Guest
    There have been a few links to this site over the last couple of months so I think it is legit. I can't recall who had ordered from them but people here have. Hopefully they will chime in.

Acmebike is offline Member
    I've used both Slanker's and USWellnessMeats and have no complaints on either. The articles they have on their website are great reading, too. I mainly get my beef, bison and game meat locally, in larger bulk orders and end up cheaper. BUT, you can order from Slanker's with no hesitation.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I came across them but was put off by their website--it make ordering too challenging. I've used USWellness and have been satisifed, but lately I've been buying from NorthStarBison (they also sell beef, but I started with them because I love the bison). They have a great product and great customer service.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I`ve read some good things about www.tallgrassbeef.com

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Lasater's is also a great company. Never head of Texas Grassfed, sorry
    http://www.lgbeef.com/

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I've used Slankers. I especially like the lamb and pig. I combined my order with a friend (who did all the ordering), so I can't speak to ease of ordering, etc.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

confused_monkey is offline Senior Member
    I just ordered, and I didn't like their service at all. First off, they send all meat ground and shipping was like 40 bucks, and some of it arrived thawed, I also didn't like the taste of the meat. I am sticking to US Wellness, I have never been disappointing by them, and they deliver overnight for only about 8 bucks.

Jreyes2265 is offline Member
    Hm, seems I have to reconsider considering I've got a couple new resources now.

I can't thank you guys enough, I've already read online that TexasGrassFedBeef, tasted a bit "off" as well. I wonder what that is all about? Maybe certain meats taste funkier than others? I mean, I've never tried elk, or rabbit before so who knows. Regardless, thanks for providing more information for me everybody. Now I'm going to research these sites a bit more, evaluate prices, and just gather more info. Can't wait to make my first purchase!

Have a good one everybody!