Thread: Primal Diet and Menstruation Question page

mustsummit is offline Junior Member

Primal Diet and Menstruation Question

I have been on the Primal Diet for about 6 weeks. I am on my 2nd menstruation while doing this and I am a couple days late at this point. I have done everything as normal and was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? Is it normal to have off periods for awhile or should I be running to the store for a pregnancy test?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Everyone is different but changing to this eating style, particularly if you have been following a diet that is very different, will have an impact on your hormones, in fact, that is the whole reason eating Primal works, because it allows all the hormones to function properly. Why not do a home pregnancy test (which will set your mind at rest if concerned) and then just relax and let your body work itself out! There are lots of threads about female hormones, menstruation, PMS etc, use the search box on the top right with key words and it will throw up all the relevant threads.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Thanks for the response. I have been reading things on here that have been making me feel better. I went and got the test just have not got the nerve up to take it yet! This is just extremely odd for me, I am usually never late and have never missed a period. Thank you again for responding and I will be keeping you updated.

No problem PM me if you want to.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Take the test!

Test was negative! Phew! and I have been doing some research and it sounds like it is pretty normal to have this happen. The high cholesterol levels really change the levels of hormones flowing through you as well as the omega's help to really lighten a period. I think it is quite possible that I am actually on what is going to be my period this month. I have extremely light spotting, but it was there. Kelda I think you are right to just let my body even itself out and give it time. Thanks for the responses!

That's good to hear. It's fascinating how differently we all experience the shift to Primal eating. A year in and I'm now tinkering with some supplements like Vitamin D etc. I've found I'm hearing more what my body needs and am much more aware of 'optimum'!

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Imrotu is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had this same freak out when starting primal. I had 3 periods over a month and a half! I bought this up in the forum and someone suggested the hormones were trying to balance themselves out. I just had my first normal period and it was 4 days instead of my usual 7. I couldn't believe it....