Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kava & You page

kenn is offline Senior Member

Kava & You

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone or does anyone drink Kava? If so, any recommendations on brands or websites you'd like to share?

Or maybe experiences?

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I've never heard of Kava before; what is it?
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Paleobird Guest
    I've spent some time in the south pacific and done some real kava. Don't even bother with the powdered stuff. If it's not fresh it's not worth the trouble.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird is right

Unless you're sharing frothy grey stuff in a mason jar with a stranger at a Maku'u Farmers Market... ...NOT worth it
    Little Saiyan

Melody is offline Senior Member
    i take liquid root extract, it is very effective. not good for bedtime though, unless you like crazy dreams as it is a very mild hallucinogen.

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    Can you guys that tried it tell a bit more. Ive heard that its good to use daily because the effect usually doesnt come the first times you do it, the alkaloids or something in the cava builds up in the blood, so after that happens you can also decrease the dose, opposite of other drugs when you always have to increase dose, is this correct?

urbansix is offline Member
    +1 on the crazy dreams.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    I bought from nakamalathome.com types Solomon Islands and Niugini. The shit is nasssssty tasting, but if you have an apple or some OJ to taste after you chug a shell, it leaves your mouth quickly. The effects are subtle, but nice. We are still trying to find the right balance of kava to water. Haven't tried adding soy lecithin crystals, they are supposed to help break down the fatty goodness in the Kava? Anyone tried that?

Honestly we haven't had it in a few weeks, it is just kind of a mess and hassle and god the flavor is yucky. We have stopped smoking pot too, but we still have an alcoholic beverage in the evening. I'm sure we will finish the bags off someday, but I don't know if we will buy any more.

go to http://www.kavasseur.blogspot.com for a ton of great reviews and info on the powdered stuff.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I've tried many kavas and my all-time favorite is off the market now (New Chapter used to make a very strong kava in a softgel) but I like Herb Pharm Pharma Kava.
    Good kava is very relaxing and it also numbs your mouth. I use it when I have to have a filling done at the dentist- not only to calm my nerves but to numb the spot that I know the'll stick the novocaine needle into. It works great for that

If you want something that will relax you but keep your mind alert, theanine is great. It encourages alpha wave production in the brain with no side effects. 100-400 mgs/ is the dose.

janagram is offline Senior Member
    I don't need my mind alert in bed...so why am I taking theanine to sleep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast