Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you here are not, and never was , overweight? page

milkycereal is offline Banned

How many of you here are not, and never was , overweight?

Primal Fuel
    I know I have a topic up already but this is a seperate question for me

I've never been and probably never will be overwieght. I was always able to eat anything and not get fat. I'm lucky I guess. But one problem I have is gaining muscle without gaining fat.

I'm 19 and 5'3, so I look kinda stupid when I start getting all pumped up bodybuilder style... like the way i used to look when I would workout and just eat everything in site. The mighty mouse look don't fly with me...

I understand this diet keeps you lean, and Mark looks pretty good too. I think an example of the perfect human physique is Bruce Lee. I looked into his diet a little, and he ate very similarly to us! So i know i'm on the right track.

So my question is for you who are not overweight and are here to get lean and ripped (on top of feeling/being healthy of course, which is important to me too), what's your plan of attack? what's your diet and whats your routine like? Sample days/workout routines and any tips would be aprecciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    So my question is for you who are not overweight and are here to get lean and ripped (on top of feeling/being healthy of course, which is important to me too), what's your plan of attack? what's your diet and whats your routine like? Sample days/workout routines and any tips would be aprecciated.
    Well I'm a female so I don't know how much what I do will apply to what you want, but I am rather lean and muscular. I just really stick to meat, eggs, and veggies as far as food goes. I can eat fruits and nuts too but usually choose not to. As far as workouts, I climb a few days a week and do yoga everyday. Climbers generally have a lean, muscular physique. I've found that I don't need to lift weights anymore since climbing. This diet also lets me get lean while getting away without doing cardio...

Hope that helps?

yes that helps, i'm more or less eating the same way; getting any and all my carbs from veggies. Fruit is the new candybar for me.

I've been thinking of alternating between a week of endurance/fatigue training (like primal poker and bodyweight circuits or the punching bag) and a week of strictly lifting weights 2 days a week. I'm hoping this will balance strength + endurance. When i transfer upstate im gonna take advantage of the mountain up there too.

What about timing of meals? i know different things work for different people (im sure climbings a whole different animal) but what about for the average person with just school/work? work being pretty active I pack out frozen at stop and shop

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    This. Adapt it with primal foods and you'll get as lean as you care to (or have the willpower to).

looks good, i was gonna start IFing again monday. I had to adapt to the new WOE (fuckin loved my carbs, nothin too shitty but i used to eat bread with everymeal, oatmeal was my favorite...)

I'll give tht site a read next chance i get. got work now ; )

thnks guys. any other tips are appreciated still too

Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    I've been thinking of alternating between a week of endurance/fatigue training (like primal poker and bodyweight circuits or the punching bag) and a week of strictly lifting weights 2 days a week. I'm hoping this will balance strength + endurance. When i transfer upstate im gonna take advantage of the mountain up there too.
    This sounds like a great plan, I really like it! What's primal poker?

And I agree with Funkadelic Flash, go visit leangains.com, that's a good site.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I use the leangains fasting protocol (16 hour fast, 8 hour feeding window, although I often eat one meal a day), and have been playing around with macronutrients for the past year or so. I tried adding calories from fat while keeping carbs low and vice versa. Both resulted in unwanted fat gain. I think the key is that I was just overeating in general. So my best advice is to be very patient. Adding muscle without getting fat is a case of slow and steady wins the race (at least for already trained, lean people). Don't pay too much attention to the scale. Trying to add pounds too fast will just make you fat. Currently I'm eating around 100g of carbs from sweet potatoes on workout days along with plenty of meat, eggs, and veggies. I plan to keep carbs and calories lower on rest days.

My current routine is lifting 4x a week (two upper body two lower) focusing on compound lifts. For upper body I do weighted dips and pullups (5-6 sets of 5-6 reps), overhead press, rows, and plyometric pushups. For lower body I do squats, deadlifts (one or the other, never both on the same day, too taxing for me), lunges, and sled drags. I use reverse pyramids on my main lifts (warm up to a weight you can do 5-6 reps with, then lower the weight and increase reps as you go down).

@Clymb: I love the quote in your signature. Letting go of yourself makes exercise so much more awesome.
    Sorry if that was just too much detail and not enough supporting evidence. I can try to clarify and explain some details if it'd help.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 02-11-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    @Clymb: I love the quote in your signature. Letting go of yourself makes exercise so much more awesome.
    Sorry if that was just too much detail and not enough supporting evidence. I can try to clarify and explain some details if it'd help.
    Thanks So you still find that the fasting routine works? With just one meal a day? How much food are you eating in that one meal? J/w

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, it's been working pretty well for me. That one meal can last 1-2 hours and I eat a LOT! Haha. I think I'm going to go for two smaller meals today since I opened my eating window earlier (I don't like eating a lot right before I go to bed).

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm 5'9, female, (former-ish) endurance runner with a bit of good muscle on me and I started primal at around 145 lbs. I was slim. Just by eliminating carbs (DEFINITELTY) under 50 g a day, I went down to ~137, 138. I had broken my foot so my physical activity for those first few months was minimal. I then upped my activity (light running, stairwork, no high mileage though, 3-5 days a week, depending) and also cut dairy, and that got me to 132 lbs after about 6 months. Never in that whole time did I give a rat's ass about calories or portion control. I ate to my heart's delight. I didn't IF (didn't know about it) and rather followed my natural inclination to eat frequently throughout the day. I drank a glass or two of red wine on occassion. But I never had a grain, or sugary fruit (almost zero fruit, really), or starchy vegetables. Sometimes I went overboard on the nuts. But eliminating the blocks and blocks of hard cheese is where I saw the biggest difference.

At a point after all that I upped my dairy because I wanted a bit of feminine softness back on my frame and oh did that work like a charm. I am now convinced myself that dairy is the key to weight loss and weight gain, especially eliminating/adding items like cheese and yogurt to influence it; cream and butter exert less of an influence it seems. I have to say, too, I was surprised how little physical activity was required to lose weight. I went from weekly high mileage to zero mileage. (But maybe starting out with some muscles lets you get away with that a bit? I don't know if that effect would last forever without investing in keeping them around. )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast