Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in the following challenge? page

Vick is offline Senior Member

Anyone interested in the following challenge?

Primal Fuel
    To become a U.S. Navy Seal you have to do the following:

 500 meter swim using breast stroke or a modified freestyle (called Combat sidestroke) in 12:30, competitive time of under 10:30
     42 push-ups in two minutes, competitive count of at least 79
     50 sit-ups in two minutes, competitive count of at least 79
     6 consecutive dead hang pull-ups, competitive count of at least 11
     1.5 mile run in “boots and trousers”in under 11:30, competitive time of under 10:20

I don't want to start this until about April when the weather breaks up here.

The objective is to improve your own score. Around the first of April we post our base line and sometime in June we call it quits and post our final gains.

I think it would be fun if we post our planned method of training and how we adapt and bounce ideas off of each other. We can use between now and to set up thoughts on the challenge.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member

You just want to see me do the pull ups.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    easy breezy- but I`m not putting on boots

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I'm in, but couple clarifications - no running in combat boots, I ain't buying them. Does this all happen on the same day / consecutively, or what ?
    "competitive count" - means to have a shot you actually need 79 pushups in 2 min, or you need to get them done in 79 sec?
    Let's say first week of April till June 30, you can spread the test out over 24 hrs max. That actually fits my own fitness goals really well. Nice post vick!

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I'm in, but couple clarifications - no running in combat boots, I ain't buying them. Does this all happen on the same day / consecutively, or what ?
    "competitive count" - means to have a shot you actually need 79 pushups in 2 min, or you need to get them done in 79 sec?
    Let's say first week of April till June 30, you can spread the test out over 24 hrs max. That actually fits my own fitness goals really well. Nice post vick!
    Since we are competing with ourselves... maybe we can set our own tests. To be honest, I'm more interested in the sharing of the training and the diet during the program. It will be nice to see you and I working together instead of bashing heads... our ratings will be way down you know.

Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    easy breezy- but I`m not putting on boots
    I just noticed your location. I'm about an hour south west of hogtown.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    Since we are competing with ourselves... maybe we can set our own tests. To be honest, I'm more interested in the sharing of the training and the diet during the program. It will be nice to see you and I working together instead of bashing heads... our ratings will be way down you know.
    That's fine, and I agree, it's nice to remember we all have the same basic goals. To qualify into the Navy SEAL program in middle age! A year ago my goals were: lose 15 lb and be able to do 20 pushups. My, how times change!

I turn 55 in June. For me to qualify is one hell of a birthday present. It is the 6 chin ups that scare me.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Then you are not too far from me. I`m in Burlington. I know a great cow farmer out your way.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast