Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers page

ConnieB is offline Junior Member

Weight Watchers

Primal Fuel
    So, has anyone out there tried doing weight watchers only primal? I am having trouble losing weight, and I know for me portion control is an issue. I just don' t know if I would be eating too few calories, or if there are any downfalls to trying that.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i used to do weight watchers (lost a ton of weight, but wasn't healthy), and i was sort of primal in that i didn't eat a ton of grains...mostly chicken and vegetables. but i was always hungry and lost of a ton of muscle mass, and that created some problems. weight watchers and primal are trying to achieve the same thing, but from different angles. WW pushes low fat and high fiber. PB involves a decent amount of fat to keep energy up because it's low carb (whole wheat bread is an evil murdering murderer). one primal meal might kill your WW points allotment for the day. adversely, WW gives zero points to fruit, which can derail your primal success.

that said, there's no reason you can't practice some portion control with primal foods. if you need that structure, just focus on calories or grams of macronutrients. create your own points system if you want, but i recommend against using WW's point system.

Forget weight watchers, just do Primal. Who wants to count calories, or "points" all day? Just eat Primal, and you'll lose weight and be MUCH healthier. Easy. :-)

DJinNC is offline Member
    I've been doing weight watchers for a while and not getting anywhere. I thought my issue was portion control but I now believe it is WHAT I am eating. I have to get rid of the carbs so am going to try this approach now. To heck with the point counting. I am done with that.

Quote Originally Posted by UndergroundNutritionist View Post
    Forget weight watchers, just do Primal. Who wants to count calories, or "points" all day? Just eat Primal, and you'll lose weight and be MUCH healthier. Easy. :-)
    I have trouble with the "just eat as much as you want" stuff (although, those are the words I've wanted to hear my whole life ). Because i feel like i will eat too much.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
    I have trouble with the "just eat as much as you want" stuff (although, those are the words I've wanted to hear my whole life ). Because i feel like i will eat too much.
    I had those fears myself. Let me put it this way. You will get to the point that you will be entirely full from the fats that you will be perfectly fine eating "as much stuff as you want". I eat 3 times a day most days and sometimes 2 times otherwise and I haven't gorged myself on food yet. Believe me, you will be perfectly fine with the fats and meats.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    (whole wheat bread is an evil murdering murderer).
    That line will have me cracking up for weeks!

denise is offline Senior Member
    i get that completely - BUT its not "eat as much as you want" it's "eat as much as you need". For me those are two completely different things

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJinNC View Post
    I've been doing weight watchers for a while and not getting anywhere. I thought my issue was portion control but I now believe it is WHAT I am eating.
    this is pretty important to keep in mind too...and not just because of carbs. WW's foods are not food. read the ingredients on a weight watchers product sometime...if you can

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    I'm a former Weight Watcher as well. At first, you may eat too much, but the fat will help you reach a point of saiety sooner. Plus you won't be as hungry throughout the day. Stick with it faithfully, and you will very quickly see that it is much more effortless to lose weight while following a primal eating plan. I know it sounds too good to be true, but there is science behind it, and it really works!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast