Thread: Queso and guacamole ?? page

tim_lebsack is offline Junior Member

Queso and guacamole ??

Primal Fuel
    I'm a newbie to these Primal lifestyle ideas. Help me understand them.

I don't want to be too critical of my Facebook friends dietary choices... but... is he making poor choices ? Below is what he posted on Facebook.

"Tomorrow I will pick up my first blood glucose meter and it's about time. I'm supposed to hook up with a sleep doctor soon and another for ear, eyes, nose and throat, to help with my hearing. I'm trying to take positive steps, poised to review some new shows this month. Everything I do exhausts me but I'm trying to stay active. Today mother and I ran errands all afternoon long and tonight we had queso and guacamole."

Comments ??

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Queso and guacamole - cheese and avocado. Cheese is OK if you can handle dairy but many primal/paleo beginners avoid it. Avocado is excellent. Queso and guacamole with something?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    yeah, queso and guac sounds fine...tasty even. but not if he's eating chips with them, or bread or anything like that.

is your friend diabetic? if so, the PB will be great for him. especially if he likes avocados.

tim_lebsack is offline Junior Member
    is your friend diabetic?

My understanding is... Yes, adult onset diabetes after many years of excessive body fat, nicotine and bourbon. He's seeing healers regarding sleep difficulties, joint pain and structural problems with his feet. Don't know if anything I say to him will register. He wants pills. I'm certain that "queso and guac" meant fried cornmeal mush.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    If guacamole is wrong, I don't wanna be right :P
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Here's my standard advice - selling primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Here's my standard advice - selling primal.
    that post is dead-on balls accurate. good stuff.

David_DC is offline Senior Member
    I like guac with homemade, dehydrated zuchini chips. I also eat them with gluten free plaintain chips from time to time. The local global mart sells them by the bag unsalted for 99 cents and they do just the trick if I'm craving something that tastes like an actual potato chip.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    that post is dead-on balls accurate. good stuff.
    Thanks!!!
    Ancestral Health Info

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i would eat avocados every day if i could. unfortunately, they are expensive.

queso isn't so fab for me right now; i'm in dairy avoidance (seeing how i feel with it vs without it). i still use butter, though. maybe i'll stop using butter. anyway. . .

if those are being consumed with chips (corn, tortilla, etc) then definitely unhealthy. if being consumed with veggies, then healthy.