Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eating lunch out and on the run? page

Lmans77 is offline Member

eating lunch out and on the run?

Shop Now
    What's my best bet?

I've been bringing my lunch, but it just didn't happen today. I have some errands that I have to run at lunch...so any suggestions on what to have?

I'm thinking Boston Market. Chicken and veggies.

What do you like to eat on the run, PB style?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I generally grab an omelet. If I have more time I get a salad from Chipotle without the beans. Boston Market sounds good but we don't have one nearby. Another thing is a burritoless burrito...well, it is a burrito without the tortilla. I just dump the stuff out of it and eat that.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Well, having learned from my failures, I tend to keep food in my car now (usually macadamia nuts), but I've actually found the salad bar at the grocery store isn't all that bad, though unless you're stopping at Whole Foods (where they routinely used pulled roasted chicken) the meat offerings are the cheep sugar laden crap from the deli. In any case, there's usually a grocery store in any given town and if nothing else you can buy an avocado and snag a spoon from the salad bar.

Boston Market is actually a fair choice if you're careful with your selections.

And most sit-down restaurants (where the waiter/waitress comes to you and you're not ordering at the counter) can accommodate primal if you have the time to eat there.

And, of course, there's always the IF option.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i will usually just not eat if i'm in this situation, but when i definitely want food, i find a grocery store with a salad bar. occasionally they have decent meats to add to a salad, and an olive bar that i tend to grab from.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    And yeah, I'll second Chipotle if you have one near you. They've been a stand-in for a couple of years for me even when I wasn't doing good primal. I generally get the bare (tortilla-free) option and I'll pick one meat and then have them add the *vegetarian* option stuff (grilled peppers, onions, and I think mushrooms), hold the rice hold the beans. Top with cheese. lettuce, and salsa.

Yum.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    On the go meal for me is an avocado and hard-boiled eggs. I would chose a salad bar or Chipotle if I needed to eat out somewhere.

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    Well, since I live in BFE, not a single one of those options is available. (Heh....there's probably 50K+ populationwise here too!)

So, last time I left my lunch onthe counter, I ran to safeway and grabbed two chicken of the sea(?) salmon patties (the precooked kind) and nuked'em.
    Macademia nuts to top off, and a can of coconut milk as well.
    Smoked salmon would have been first choice, had they had the right brand.
    Although, since I didn't have a can opener at work like I thought I did, the CM was a loss.

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Chipotle - Barbacoa/chicken/carnitas Fajita bowl, no rice, add pico and tomatillo salsa w/lettuce and a side of guacamole.

Diner - burger, no-bun, no fries w/side salad (vinegar & oild on the side)

Grocery store - meat, hard-boiled eggs and salad or a bag of prepped, mixed veggies.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Just be aware that Chipotle cooks EVERYTHING in soybean oil. Mind you, it's not nearly as goitrogenic as most other soy products but the n-6:n-3 ratio is an absolute train-wreck and will ruin your balance for that day.

In short, it's not exactly healthful.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    Just be aware that Chipotle cooks EVERYTHING in soybean oil. Mind you, it's not nearly as goitrogenic as most other soy products but the n-6:n-3 ratio is an absolute train-wreck and will ruin your balance for that day.

In short, it's not exactly healthful.
    In my early PB days, I was smug about working in Seattle's International District, as there were so many Asian restaurants nearby. Didn't take long as I continued to educate myself, that I realized some of the stir fry options I'd been happily eating were about as unhealthful as possible due to the oils they were fried in. I quickly began either bringing my own healthy lunch or taking advantage of an IF opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast