Thread: No Snacking = Big Change page

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member

Red face No Snacking = Big Change

Primal Fuel
    So I started cutting carbs the week before Thanksgiving (great timing, eh?) and discovered primal the next week. I almost immediately lost a clothing size and about an inch or so off my waist. Since then, I haven't lost significantly (don't weigh) but my health and sense of well-being continued to improve. T he week before going primal I was following Byron Richards' five rules (the book is Mastering Leptin). I noticed that my cravings for chocolate, coffee, wine just disappeared when i started eating only 3 meals a day and absolutely no snacking. Well, after I started primal, I started snacking a little more (love those nuts that i've been so deprived of for years).

This week, I decided to go back to the 5-6 hours between meals that Richards suggests (kind of a mini IF). I've done this for four days and, guess what? I've lost 1/2 inch off my waist this week. Yesterday, I even had a rare meal out and ate heartily because I was starving and the menu had grass fed beef and sweet potato fries. Still, I'm down 1/2 inch in four days.

I have resisted IFing because I have adrenal issues.

To those of you who think I ate less calories, I don't think that's really true. i was pretty hungry at each of my meals and even had a few pieces of chocolate right after eating a few times. I also had two substantial, but primal, restaurant meals in the last five days.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I've been wondering if the urge to snack isn't part of that tricky give-me-carby-foods part of our brains. I think I'm going give up all snacks-desserts for a few weeks and see if that will help speed things up a bit.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    As part of a March/Lent Whole 30 I've cut out dairy and nuts, the two things I was grazing on when a bit hungry. I am experiencing another "lean out" like I did when first adopting primal. Not sure if it's a schedule thing or that dairy affects me more than I'd like to admit. The grazing has necessarily been replaced with a small third meal that I hadn't been having before so my assumption is that overall calories are about the same.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.