Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sandwich is Back, and He's Pretty Pissed Off. Primal 5 Minute Sandwich Time! page 11

Primal Fuel
    I made one this morning - wow! I had it with my breakfast and I was full for HOURS! This makes me so happy, thank you Rivvin!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad so many people seem to be enjoying it. Now... what I would like is for some of you peeps who make this stuff and use it to take some pictures and give us your recipes!

Damn, maybe I should pull out another bachelor recipe soon, although that could be pressing my luck

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    OMG I am having a multi thread foodgasm....there is the "what do I do with sardines?" thread. And how many of us as kids (maybe its just me) used to get the sardines in oil served on a slice of white bread to sop up the fishy oil. A treat that has been denied for years no matter what diet you followed. Fat. White bread. Sigh....

But now, the return of the oily bread!

I need to get sardines in oil....I still have 2 cans packed in water that I bought last year pre PB. But I willllll be trying this.

And I did take a picture of my eggs over easy, but camera batteries died so I have to recharge....but I dont think you need a recipe to fry eggs do you? Maybe you do. Bacon grease. Egg. Heat grease in pan. Make sure the pan is hot. Crack egg in pan. Flip carefully. Dont break the yolk. Take egg out and lay it on toast. Break underside of yolk with fork so it soaks into the bread.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of "hey I made a sandwich with homemade sugar free nutella" or "check out this goat cheese and beet salad sandwich"...

freethinkingcavewoman is offline Senior Member
    ET: Misread
    Last edited by freethinkingcavewoman; 02-14-2011 at 10:17 AM.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I've been craving Alton Brown's sardine toast lately but wasn't sure what to serve it on.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Hmm.
    Mine came out very omelettey. Maybe I need a touch more almond?
    Anyway, I had it with my rabbit liver paté, tasty.
    http://carrotandrabbit.wordpress.com...it-liver-pate/

Attachment 2984

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I'm glad so many people seem to be enjoying it. Now... what I would like is for some of you peeps who make this stuff and use it to take some pictures and give us your recipes!

Damn, maybe I should pull out another bachelor recipe soon, although that could be pressing my luck
    Here I am stuck with a plate of bacon, crispy chicken, avocado and mustard - I know it'd make a killer sandwich, but I have no nut flours.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Hmm.
    Mine came out very omelettey. Maybe I need a touch more almond?
    Anyway, I had it with my rabbit liver paté, tasty.
    http://carrotandrabbit.wordpress.com...it-liver-pate/

Attachment 2984
    I've never had one come out eggy, I'm guessing you just didn't have enough of almond flour in it. It should be fairly thick and goopy when you have it all mixed together.

Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    Here I am stuck with a plate of bacon, crispy chicken, avocado and mustard - I know it'd make a killer sandwich, but I have no nut flours.
    If you have any kind of nut in the house (besides you), even roasted ones, you can make flour out of em... if you don't have any nuts at all in your house I suggest you hit up the grocery store asap because that's no life worth living in my opinion

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I totally and utterly agree. He put up a vid of him doing pull-ups to get some pointers. We need more men like him.
    Thanks guys! I think that poster may have just seen one or two of my posts in which I may have come off sexist. I'm also hyper sensitive to the comment since my sister's been in the hospital since Wednesday (possibly going home tomorrow, fingers crossed) and I stayed overnight a few times and am overall still lacking a good night's sleep, so it wasn't the best time to hear that and I reacted accordingly. She had surgery to remove a small tumor (meningioma) from her head but ever since we found out 3 weeks ago I've been edgy. She's recovering well though.

Anyway, back on topic:

I'm still effin' confused: so I get that this is a way better option than eating regular bread, but how GOOD for you is it? I shouldn't be asking because my diet is pretty horrid but I just want to know.

So wait, could you make like a pizza with this? or something? I guess that might overcook it... somebody go dabble and report back... I've been telling my gf to try some other types of flours for her crepes and pancakes because she loves both... come on Riv-papi, I keep on telling you not to give it to me half-assed...

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast