Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Men - or women, has paleo made you meaner? page

Dave_o is offline Senior Member

Men - or women, has paleo made you meaner?

Primal Fuel
    I use to think the correlation between cholesterol and testosterone production was kind of bro science.
    But if you take a look at the average primal diet there's a whole lot of zinc, vitamin's A, C, B5's, EFA's and cholesterol coming on board by way of read meat, eggs, fish oils ect - in other words, the building blocks of test.

Now I'm not talking about having explosive arguments with your spouse or punching strangers in the mouth at random, but over the last twelve months or so as I've honed my diet, there's been a definite shift in my training - weights and karate - that's hard to quantify. Not so much outward aggression, but definitely more fire in the belly.

Anybody else notice this?

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_o View Post
    ...but definitely more fire in the belly.
    I think I've always had fairly high testosterone my whole life, but yes to this. Even more-so than pre-primal.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've really only been at this for 2 months but what I am finding is that after a bit of having some anger issues about 3 weeks ago, I am a more rational, not as emotional person. I used to be someone who would shy away from things and if anything made made me sad or upset, I would cry at the drop of a hat. Now I have actually started feeling more comfortable being more open and am more willing to tell others what I think and that is a bit shocking for me. I do feel some kind of fire burning within, its cool and different from what used to be the norm.
    Georgette

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I have energy & more life, but am calmer & less spikey in my emotions.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

theholla is offline Senior Member
    More driven, less tolerant of bullshit, yet more outgoing too. Definitely more fire in the belly! Go figure. I'm not sure if it is ramped up testosterone production, or just the general energy boost from getting off the blood sugar roller-coaster.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Take away my ribs, and you will see someone get mean!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Take away my ribs, and you will see someone get mean!

Gimme some ribs NOW!!!!
    Georgette

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've really only been at this for 2 months but what I am finding is that after a bit of having some anger issues about 3 weeks ago, I am a more rational, not as emotional person. I used to be someone who would shy away from things and if anything made made me sad or upset, I would cry at the drop of a hat. Now I have actually started feeling more comfortable being more open and am more willing to tell others what I think and that is a bit shocking for me. I do feel some kind of fire burning within, its cool and different from what used to be the norm.
    That's good to read and is obvious too from your postings over the last few weeks :-)

OP - yes me too and Mr Grok, more focussed, positive, at ease with ourselves, less likely to be a 'push over', not aggressive just more confident I guess, assertive might be a good description - that's a big shift for Mr G. And I just feel so great at the moment - added a vit D3 supplement in the last week (we do live at 57 north!) as I figured I'd run my supplies down not having seen good sun since an October trip to the med. Impressed with how I'm feeling so far.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_o View Post
    I use to think the correlation between cholesterol and testosterone production was kind of bro science.
    But if you take a look at the average primal diet there's a whole lot of zinc, vitamin's A, C, B5's, EFA's and cholesterol coming on board by way of read meat, eggs, fish oils ect - in other words, the building blocks of test.

Now I'm not talking about having explosive arguments with your spouse or punching strangers in the mouth at random, but over the last twelve months or so as I've honed my diet, there's been a definite shift in my training - weights and karate - that's hard to quantify. Not so much outward aggression, but definitely more fire in the belly.

Anybody else notice this?
    Fuck you, karate is gay and so are you.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Fuck you, karate is gay and so are you.
    fuck this guy, he's an asshole. Too many eggs and zinc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast