Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheese Salad - Primal and Low-Carb Recipes page

GeriMorgan Guest

Shop Now

After three long weeks of labor (whew!), my Primal and low-carb food site is now available for your perusal! We include a variety of recipes including dinners, desserts, single-serving dishes, and (gasp!) bread products.

The site is 100% noncommercial and exists strictly for the benefit of foodies (and would-be foodies) everywhere.

http://www.cheesesalad.org/index.html

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

very cool ...gonna go check it out..thanks xoxo Darlene

maba is offline Senior Member

Great Geri! I've book-marked it. Not to be a nitpicker, but I wouldn't recommend tofu as a vegetarian substitute for meat. After reading about all the dangers of soy, I've stopped buying it. Cheese and nuts would be a better alternative, but yeah, not all recipes can be adapted using these substitutes. Tempeh might be a better option too and can easily used in place of meat.

I like the lay-out and the design, it's very user-friendly. Congratulations on your labour of love.

Soy myths:

http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtsoy.html

GeriMorgan Guest

I wasn't too sure about the tofu either, but it was the only thing I could think of at the time.

I'm tweaking the page now to include tempeh and beans as meat replacement options.

Bread and beans and cheese, oh my. I wish you the best of luck, but maybe it shouldn't be headed as primal and low carb. It is neither of those things.

Lulabelle Guest

I agree with P.J.A.P.

GeriMorgan Guest

I realize it's not 100%, but I've had to make a few compromises on account of my rather food-liberal mother, who believes that beans are an acceptable low-carb food. Believe you me, if I had it my way none of that stuff would be up there.

My focus, however, is on Primal/low-carb recipes, and as I add stuff to the website I hope I can reflect that more.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

ONE bean is low carb. Really, don't you just show her the nutritional data to counter such a misbelief?

Placating your mother is sabotaging your site, Geri.

Agreed. After taking a closer look, almost every recipe is based on SAD, not primal or low carb. An entire section dedicated to bread?

This could be a great site, I encourage you to stick to your guns.

JulieD Guest

Not all people doing low carb fear bread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast