Thread: Julia Ross books- Diet Cure or Mood Cure? page

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member

Julia Ross books- Diet Cure or Mood Cure?

Primal Fuel
    I've seen these mentioned a lot and am interested to have a look. I'm wondering which is the best one to get.

I have issues with low mood, fatigue, cravings and all that, as well as weight not coming off and so on. I guess I consider myself to have dysthymia, have been depressed on and off mostly mildly, since I was 13, and have been a lifelong binge eater.

Also someone mentioned her supplements are hard to get hold of in the UK?

If those who know of her work could advise that would be lovely .
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 02-10-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I've read both but would more strongly recommend _Depression Free Naturally_ by Joan Matthews Larson. It's much more comprehensive. Any supplements you need can be purchased from iherb.com and even with shipping will be more cost effective than what you can buy in the UK.

For fatigue, have a closer look at your potassium and magnesium intake. (and boardsearch those terms...I've written a ton on both)

Katherine

lolov is offline Senior Member
    I've read both of Julia Ross' books and I'd say if you want to buy one and you suffer from mood issues, get the Mood Cure. However... be prepared for her to suggest taking MOUNTAINS of supplements multiple times a day. When I tried it, it took me well over an HOUR to portion out supplements for the week.

I found it unsustainable because I felt like all I did all day was take supplements :/ (I think it was something like 5 or 6 times a day.) I found her info very useful and it gave me a lot of hope. But I ended up finding my own supplement cocktail that works for me and it's only twice a day Required a LOT of farking around ,though.

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    Ive started to read Mood cure and like it so far and will get "Depression free natually" asap too, just hope they have it on kindle.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Using amino acids for depression and to stop bingeing WORKS!

I have both books. I do agree, as above, that all the supps she wants you to take are unsustainable, but IME they will get you up out of the bed/lounge chair and will stop your bingeing and will get you going. Now that I've got that under control (a miracle), I've distilled the protocol down to an amino complex (basically, the amino acid version of a multivitamin) and 5-HTP (but some folks opt for L-tryptophan instead).

She has been a guest twice on Underground Wellness, and will soon be on the show again.
    www.undergroundwellness.com

You can either get the podcasts (free) through iTunes, or they have most (but not all of the oldest) of the shows available for streaming on the above website. Ross was one of the earliest shows UW did, so her first appearance is not still available on the website, but is still on iTunes. She talks more about The Diet Cure on one show, more about The Mood Cure on the other. Maybe listening to those will help you decide which book is best for you. Following either one will help you.

IT WORKS. IT WORKS. IT WORKS.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Hmm, I'm not sure how that'd work out for me. I'm not sure my budget can stretch to that amount of supplements. I have "Depression free naturally" in my basket on Amazon as well. Will look into potassium and magnesium.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    Thanks, I'll have a look

Harold Whitman