Thread: oh my god I'm so excited! page

jodyanne is offline Junior Member

oh my god I'm so excited!

Shop Now
    Oh. My. God. I have just been reading through archived posts about "loose skin", sparked off by a mention on one of the threads. I've also been reading some of the suggested links from those threads.

And I am blown away.

I always thought that my hanging stomach was something i would have forever, unless I had surgery (it's not awful but it's unsightly). But going by the pinch test recommended, it's just that I still have fat stored there - when I pinch, it's lumpy and not at all like pulling away the skin from the back of my hand.

So I can DO something about this! By continuing primal and getting my body fat percentage down, this may well resolve. I have hope, woo hoo!

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Check out Dave's belly. It looks like his skin made amazing progress. I would think that time and patience would be key. I would make sure to get plenty of the skin vitamins: A, B, C, Selenium, and especially zinc and plenty of healthy fats. When I was pregnant I buttered my belly with cocoa butter and a vitamin E capsule nightly. I didn't get one stretch mark and it's not saggy but I do have a little pocket of fat still to lose.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I'm a good 120#'s off of my high and I can tell you that "loose skin" is not a problem. I'll admit to stretch marks, but they seem to fade with time.

Someone at work just had bariatric surgery and it's like that episode of Family Guy where Peter has all of his fat sucked out. I'm sure he's having some loose skin issues but it is such an unhealthy way to lose weight to begin with that it would be the least of his worries.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Dave didn't seem to have very many stretch marks when he was at his highest weight. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that he sure doesn't have any loose skin after his incredible weight loss. He also lost it the right way. Food and moving.

jodyanne is offline Junior Member
    Yep, Dave's skin looks fab, that's what sparked off my reading.

I suppose the shocker for me was that what I thought was loose skin from previous not-so-healthy weight loss is actually fat deposits that I still need to get rid of (if the posts and articles I read today are right).

I was resigned to this belly and now I'm realising that I still may have a very good chance of having it look more toned. Yay

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    I saw that too-I'd read that once before, but haven't made it low enough yet to 'put it in practice'.

I'm a little pissed that supping
    A, B, C, Selenium, and especially zinc and plenty of healthy fats.
    eliminated stretch marks for you Shat, because I'm RIDDLED with the things, and I was doing all of those! But I had a tremendous amount of water retention (45 pounds worth!) that came on rather suddenly (less than three months), so maybe that's part of it.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when I hit the right level.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sorry that it didn't work for you, but I have had horrible skin problems in many other ways all of my life so maybe the skin gods gave me a pass on that one. I will say that primal and supping with zinc and other stuff is making a big difference in my skin problems now (rashes, rosacea, etc., etc.) I was in the best shape of my life when I got pregnant and stayed pretty fit, so maybe that helped. Who knows? I also did crunches up to the very end against my doctor's advice (she said it would make my muscles separate but that didn't make sense to me so I just kept crunching which held my belly in it seems)

Quote Originally Posted by Eklecktika View Post
    I saw that too-I'd read that once before, but haven't made it low enough yet to 'put it in practice'.

I'm a little pissed that supping eliminated stretch marks for you Shat, because I'm RIDDLED with the things, and I was doing all of those! But I had a tremendous amount of water retention (45 pounds worth!) that came on rather suddenly (less than three months), so maybe that's part of it.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when I hit the right level.
    Last edited by TornadoGirl; 02-10-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl