Thread: Lift Heavy Things as my Finnish friend does page

zoebird is online now Senior Member

Lift Heavy Things as my Finnish friend does

Shop Now
    because we got another nice heartwarming family letter from our finnish friend Jouko Ahola, we get all sentimental about his strong man times.

You might remember him from such hits as

Jouko Pulls an Airplane

and

Jouko Invincible and Kingdom of Heaven

Or, you might not be as into strong man competitions as I am. I have been watching them since about 1990 or so, whenever i can, and when we saw Jouko in Kingdom of Heaven, we just contacted him. When we later visited Finland, he was just the nicest fellow one could meet, and since then we have connected (well, mostly he and Ryan -- lol) a couple of times to work out, hang out, and eat large meals.

now, we mostly exchange letters and try to connect if we happen to be in the same hemisphere.

Anyway, all around good guy, and definitely LHT (oh, and not primal/paleo -- he teases us for eating what finns call "earth food" or what we would call "organic food." )

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Aww, now I want an airplane to pull around!

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    i do miss my sled. ours was home made from an old wheelbarrow. then, we just put random stuff in it, or even more fun, kids from the neighborhood. my husband would weigh they first. LOL then we would mark the weight on the sled with a sharpie (bright colored) with the date. he was orange and i was blue. gave it to a kid DH trained.

Mangrove is offline Junior Member
    "Average" 55 years old Finnish man lifts a log weighing some 150-200 kg.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Pardon my language, but holy fuck-balls that's one broad, thick, powerful man-unit! Are we sure he's human?? Regardless, I for one hail our new Finnish overlords!

My only family claim to fame is that my great-uncle Buzz used to wrestle with Andre the Giant in... it was either college or high school. I think college? Said he was a modest and quiet guy but confided sadly that "men aren't meant to be so big." He was quite sad when he died.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)