Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Lindt 85% just get Carbier? page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Did Lindt 85% just get Carbier?

Primal Fuel
    Last week I bought up the last few bars of Lindt 85% because it was 8g of carbs per serving. However today the store has restocked and now the Lindt 85% bars are 15g of carbs per serving!

I call shenanigans! What's up with that?!

I still have both versions of the bars here, the new ones have a picture of a chef inspecting a bar of chocolate on the back.

Anyone else notice this?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I think it must be a misprint--or they changed the serving size. I just bought a 70% Lindt bar and the total carbs per (40 g) serving are 17 grams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I think it must be a misprint--or they changed the serving size. I just bought a 70% Lindt bar and the total carbs per (40 g) serving are 17 grams.
    It's not a misprint and the serving sizes are the same (40g or 4 squares). Other things changed as well like calories and sodium and %calcium and %iron.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Maybe they've figured out that Americans really have a sweet tooth. The 90% is(used to be) pretty good.

Gordo

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Actually it just depends on where they got that shipment from. I noticed this discrepancy awhile ago and after doing research and speaking to some people at the publix headquarters via email... sometimes the distributers of lindt bars get those bars from UK distributers which label their goods differently. The UK packaging has more carbs written out on it from the way their label their stuff over there, but the ingredients are the same.

It's weird, but that's what we came up with... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it sounds like it's what you just ran into.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    It's not a misprint and the serving sizes are the same (40g or 4 squares). Other things changed as well like calories and sodium and %calcium and %iron.
    Wow. Scary.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the tip.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Yes, thanks. I'll be sure to check the label before snapping up a dozen when they go on sale.

Gordo

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    The 90% is(used to be) pretty good.
    LOVE 90%! Now I'm gonna have to read the labels :/
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Actually it just depends on where they got that shipment from. I noticed this discrepancy awhile ago and after doing research and speaking to some people at the publix headquarters via email... sometimes the distributers of lindt bars get those bars from UK distributers which label their goods differently. The UK packaging has more carbs written out on it from the way their label their stuff over there, but the ingredients are the same.

It's weird, but that's what we came up with... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it sounds like it's what you just ran into.
    Okay I think you are right. One version looks more American and the other more European. However, the European version is the one with lower carbs.

I went to their web site and the nutrition info there is totally different than both of the bars I have.

I also noticed at the web site a Lindt 99%!! They don't have this at my local grocer, but would love to give it a try. Has anyone tried the Lindt 99% yet??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast