Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Did Lindt 85% just get Carbier? page

  1. #1
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682

    Did Lindt 85% just get Carbier?

    Primal Fuel
    Last week I bought up the last few bars of Lindt 85% because it was 8g of carbs per serving. However today the store has restocked and now the Lindt 85% bars are 15g of carbs per serving!

    I call shenanigans! What's up with that?!

    I still have both versions of the bars here, the new ones have a picture of a chef inspecting a bar of chocolate on the back.

    Anyone else notice this?

  2. #2
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    I think it must be a misprint--or they changed the serving size. I just bought a 70% Lindt bar and the total carbs per (40 g) serving are 17 grams.

  3. #3
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I think it must be a misprint--or they changed the serving size. I just bought a 70% Lindt bar and the total carbs per (40 g) serving are 17 grams.
    It's not a misprint and the serving sizes are the same (40g or 4 squares). Other things changed as well like calories and sodium and %calcium and %iron.

  4. #4
    gordo's Avatar
    gordo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    712
    Maybe they've figured out that Americans really have a sweet tooth. The 90% is(used to be) pretty good.

    Gordo

  5. #5
    Rivvin's Avatar
    Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,874
    Actually it just depends on where they got that shipment from. I noticed this discrepancy awhile ago and after doing research and speaking to some people at the publix headquarters via email... sometimes the distributers of lindt bars get those bars from UK distributers which label their goods differently. The UK packaging has more carbs written out on it from the way their label their stuff over there, but the ingredients are the same.

    It's weird, but that's what we came up with... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it sounds like it's what you just ran into.

  6. #6
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    It's not a misprint and the serving sizes are the same (40g or 4 squares). Other things changed as well like calories and sodium and %calcium and %iron.
    Wow. Scary.

  7. #7
    Hedonist's Avatar
    Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    2,927
    Thanks for the tip.
    Ancestral Health Info

    I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

    Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

  8. #8
    gordo's Avatar
    gordo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    712
    Yes, thanks. I'll be sure to check the label before snapping up a dozen when they go on sale.

    Gordo

  9. #9
    Mandolin's Avatar
    Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    The 90% is(used to be) pretty good.
    LOVE 90%! Now I'm gonna have to read the labels :/
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

    Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

    Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

    iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

  10. #10
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Actually it just depends on where they got that shipment from. I noticed this discrepancy awhile ago and after doing research and speaking to some people at the publix headquarters via email... sometimes the distributers of lindt bars get those bars from UK distributers which label their goods differently. The UK packaging has more carbs written out on it from the way their label their stuff over there, but the ingredients are the same.

    It's weird, but that's what we came up with... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it sounds like it's what you just ran into.
    Okay I think you are right. One version looks more American and the other more European. However, the European version is the one with lower carbs.

    I went to their web site and the nutrition info there is totally different than both of the bars I have.

    I also noticed at the web site a Lindt 99%!! They don't have this at my local grocer, but would love to give it a try. Has anyone tried the Lindt 99% yet??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •