Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen anything like it?! page

runningwild is offline Senior Member

Have you ever seen anything like it?!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/853830-2...an-lose-weight

This was in a paper in the uk last week.

There are no words, especially when you consider how amazingly inspirational Dave is in marks recent success story post
    Makes me sad to be british

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Those surgeries should be illegal. It's madness, like much of what is going on out there regarding health and medicine. Utter madness.

jpatton624 is offline Member
    ‘The operation will help my diabetes, help me stop being on insulin and help me with my other problems,’ he said.

Oh. My. God. There really are no words. Does he have any idea what this operation DOES??

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    *sigh...facepalm*

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    To the guy in the article and others like him I say: Godspeed, fools. Die faster to make more room for me and others with more than two braincells to rub together. Harsh? Yes. Am I sick of all the shit medicine and science gives us to extend the lives of those who can't be assed to actually live their damn lives? Fuck yes.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    To the guy in the article and others like him I say: Godspeed, fools. Die faster to make more room for me and others with more than two braincells to rub together. Harsh? Yes. Am I sick of all the shit medicine and science gives us to extend the lives of those who can't be assed to actually live their damn lives? Fuck yes.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I saw a program awhile back about a lady who had gastric bypass and was now a bulimic. She throws up dozens of times a day. The surgery didn't fix her compulsive food behavior. So now she still binges but has to repeatedly throw up. She's done so much damage that she's in danger of internal bleeding any time she vomits. It seems if you did the work to be able to live healthily after the surgery, you wouldn't actually need the surgery.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I actually know someone that did this. She was about 40 pounds overweight, and had trouble getting it off. She went to a gastric surgeon who said that she did not qualify for the surgery since medical standard required that a person be 100 pounds over their ideal weight. So, she gained the other 60 pounds over the year and had the surgery. Now she looks great, but what a thing to put one's body through.

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    Remember Carnie Wilson....lots of good it did her.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Saddest part of Super Size Me, was the obese diabetic man getting gastric bypass needlessly. Those useless surgeons were more than ready to cut him up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast