Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you guys motivate yourself? page

traintolive is offline Senior Member

How do you guys motivate yourself?

Shop Now
    Hey!

I am 18 years old and normal built, I don't have a sixpack or am very muscular, but neither am I very skinny.
    The thing is just that it's very hard for me to motivate myself to work out.
    I mean when I watch all these "Mov Nat" and "Primal Fitness" videos, I become really motivated and want to do the same stuff.
    But it's cold outside and the area is not good for that - I live in a big city!
    If I'd work out inside, I couldn't train all muscles - for example I don't have the option to install a pullup-bar in my house.
    Grok from Germany

Primal since End/Beginning of 2010/2011

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Why can't you install a pull up bar or build somehting?
    You could join a gym.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    In no order:

1. You have to give a shit about it.
    2. Realise that lazy people are 95% of the population and are LAME. Do you want to be one of them?
    3. Get off your ass. Seriously, motivation does not come before action - start doing it, and you'll feel more motivated.
    4. Join something (martial arts, sports team, etc) that requires you to be in shape and to train.
    5. Educate yourself about the potential of your body. The more you learn, the more you'll realise what a terrible waste it is to get nowhere remotely near your genetic potential, like 95% of the population (and that's a very conservative estimate).

I could do this all night.

Quote from someone I don't recall: 'for the warrior, no excuses. For the victim, only excuses.'

edit: I can't seem to stop. It's about your mindset. It's either: 'screw whatever circumstances come my way, I'm doing the training I need to do and that is the bottom line' or it's 'hmm, circumstances aren't 100% perfect, I'd best not do anything'.
    Sounds like you're nearer the latter.
    Last edited by Primal Fist; 02-09-2011 at 11:28 AM.

traintolive is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Why can't you install a pull up bar or build somehting?
    You could join a gym.
    I can't install a pullup bar, because the walls are so thin and not high enough. I thought about joining a gym and was a couple of times, but it's just not my thing. I don't like their training and so on.
    Grok from Germany

Primal since End/Beginning of 2010/2011

Dylan1965 is offline Junior Member
    one of these , http://doorwaypullupbar.info/wp-cont...ar-Walmart.jpg , pullup bars you can get under 20$ and they install in any doorway, and use physics and gravity so dont matter how thin walls are, and you can use it for pushups and crunches too

my problem is that i am not motivated to realyl work out my muscles, cause i dont really want that type of body, but i am motivated towards diet becasue i want to be healthy and i am moptivated to run becasue i want to ru na 5k, 7k,10k and in good time. mostly it is also a way for me to contest myself and see if i can beat times that i set. i just put on some music and run, and love it.

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    This is going to sound harsh but...

in order to get motivated to workout the only thing you have to do is...

Stop being a p***y and work out...

just like when you were a kid and didn't want to take a shower...or eat your veggies or whatever... after a while of your mom/dad making you bathe and brush your teeth and whatnot... I bet today you do those things for yourself and , dare I assume, WANT to do them... ... same thing for working out...

don't look at it as a matter of motivation...just be an adult and fracking do it!... over time you will be less resistant to the 'idea' of working out...

Also...once you get your ass off the couch and put the twinkies away and start moving you'll find it really isn't so bad...

I really don't mean to sound judgmental here... but it drives me nuts that my girlfriend (who claims to like running and such) never does it unless I'm around and am like "lets go"... ... ..

As Nike says..

Just Do It!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    you don't want that type of body?

the only way to get that type of body is to eat like a lion (i was gonna say horse but who wants to eat hay...). I trained for years at strength and power for football and didn't get bulky muscular (I did get strong and powerful though).

I may have misunderstood your statement, but that's how i read it.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Your user name is "traintolive" - what better motivation do you need than that?
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Living in the city I would suggest you see if there is a local parkour club. That could be a lot of fun and motivation to get out.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Just because you can't do pull-ups doesn't mean that you should ditch everything else. You've still got push-ups, shoulder presses, squats, and planks just from the PBF. Plus if you've got a table you could do australian pull-ups; they don't work quite the same muscles as a regular pull-up, but still work the back so you'd get a full-body workout.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast