Thread: Which one's better... or does it matter? page

BStoneFitz is offline Member

Which one's better... or does it matter?

Shop Now
    Primal for more than a month and loving it. Had a question on those times when I stray. I don't even view it as cheating, because that implies that it's really tough and a chore to stick with the PB, but the fact is that I do still enjoy sports bar food and nice dark beers from time to time.

When I started PB, I went 26 days completely primal, then strayed for 3 days of whatever... beer, ice cream, nachos... little bit of everything. Didn't really derail me as I got right back to PB and still love it. Then, I went 10 days and had some pizza and beer last night. I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it, or if it doesnt matter. A "cheat" meal once every 10-14 days, or a month on PB and a long weekend of freedom.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Some people on here are doing the "4-hour body" thing, which basically means you eat perfectly 6 days of the week and on the 7th (of your choosing) you basically eat whatever the hell you want.

Loco Moco is offline Member
    meh, i don't think one is particularly better than the other. i think a day-long junkfest might be easier to recover from than a weekend-long one, but it's whatever works best for you (and whatever social situation you'll be in, yeah?) people here will probably give you crap for "cheating" at all, but whatevs, it's your body. enjoy a burger and a beer as an occasional treat, 's all good.

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by earthspirit View Post
    Some people on here are doing the "4-hour body" thing, which basically means you eat perfectly 6 days of the week and on the 7th (of your choosing) you basically eat whatever the hell you want.
    I just read it and he has some strategies for minimizing damage on a "cheat" day. I think he has a lot of good information and the book is worth the $13 on Amazon.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I am one doing the once per week binge. I started it two weeks ago. My binge day hasn't affected me negatively yet, nor have I noticed a positive yet either. However, I am finding it useful for weekend parties, Super Bowl, and other get togethers that I used to have to scavenge for primal food. Now, I will just enjoy.

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't do cheat days as they stall my weight loss. I've incorporated a nightly dessert of berries and whipped cream into my daily carb count, and a portion of french fries with a burger twice a month. That is about all the "cheat" I can take, lol. :-)