Thread: IF and Massage Therapy??? page

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member

IF and Massage Therapy???

Any one have any thoughts on this? friday I'm having a 1&1/2hr massage w/lymph drainage right around the lunch hour. I was thinking this would be a good time to IF. my last meal would be dinner on thrusday - then I'd look to break the fast after my massage. I'm thinking that the massage coupled with the IF will complement each other...

granted I will probably have my coffee in the am... (though some how I'll have to manage w/o my coconut creamer!)

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    yeah...go for it.

what is lymph drainage?

Lymphatic drainage is a holistic approach to promoting a healthy lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is a complex network of vessels and ducts that move fluid throughout the body and is responsible for moving toxins away from healthy cells and carrying germ-fighting materials to cells when they are under attack by viruses. Though fluid moves through the lymphatic system, it does not have its own pumping mechanism. Lymphatic drainage is a type of therapy that is intended to help the body produce a free-flowing lymphatic system.

Lymphatic drainage therapy consists of a manual massage, performed by a lymphatic drainage therapist. A lymphatic drainage massage primarily focuses on specific lymph nodes and points of the body, as well as the natural flow of the lymphatic system. Proponents of lymphatic drainage believe that the process will reduce blockages of the lymphatic system, which in turn promotes a healthier body.

When the lymphatic system becomes blocked, lymph nodes may become swollen. Further, the system fails to remove the body’s toxins and can even affect white blood cell counts. Lymphatic drainage is believed to reduce blockage, which promotes health in the lymphatic system as well as other bodily systems such as the circulatory, respiratory, muscular and endocrine systems. Some therapists believe that lymphatic drainage therapy can also reduce allergies, menstrual cramps, colds and other viruses.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I would rethink the coffee in the morning for a noon massage (or at least go easy on it, or do half decaf, or have it even earlier). I get massages regularly, and my massage therapist was telling me that she's had to send people home, couldn't work on them, because they had a lot of caffeine in their system. It actually affects the body's tissues and blood vessels, and they can tell.

You'll really need to drink a lot of water afterwards, especially with that lymphatic drainage.

I think IF would be good before that, get the massage, drinks lots of water, and then break the fast. I sometimes get my massages after 16-hour fasts.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

THanks TigerLily for your input... my last fast I didn't enjoy or focus on the fact that I wasn't hungry - just that I couldn't have my coffee til x time... for me having morning coffee is the kick off for my day to begin, especially when I'm working... I get up at 6am...but don't have my 1st cup of coffee until I begin work (Any where btwn 730 - 9 depending on what's on my schedule for the day, and any xtra hrs I needed to put in to meet detadlines)
    So I figured I'd go ahead an enjoy my coffee this time around. : ) and enjoy the fact that I'm ifing and I'm not hungry.

I defiantly drink lots of water after I get a massage - its crucial for recovery! I try to get massages monthly - but I haven't since going primal... so I'm looking fwd to seeing how different I feel after this session!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that, to see your message therapist's reaction once he/she starts working on you! (Is this the same therapist as before you went Primal?) I've had so many body workers make all sorts of various remarks about my tissues and that I was a "clear vessel" and they really liked working on my body so forth. It is totally because of Primal. (Believe me, it wasn't like that before!) Then they all start asking all sorts of questions. I had my back injury and was getting body work prior to being Primal, and the difference is huge. You're gonna have fun, and your MT isn't going to be wrestling against all that inflammation that everybody else has. Let us know how it goes!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

yes this is the same MT that I've been going to for about 3yrs now.. she's given me massages pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy, and post pregnancy.... There always this 1 spot she has to spend ton's of time on.. it hasn't bothered me since going primal... I wonder if she'll notice... I'd really love it if my cousin who's an MT could work on me... she's been able to tell when I've been seriously sick (pnemonia) well before symptoms just by how my ribs were lying...

One things for sure after the stess I've had for the past week... not only do I need to see the MT I need to get an adjustment from my Chiro to counter act all the stress!!!

cullendsouza is offline Junior Member
    Hi Shijin13.., I am going to take this massage on next Monday. So please let me know your experience in this massage. Is it really works good?

Fantazmic is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I went Primal I started having chinese massages...hard strength....and every time I had one I lost weight...once as much as 2 kilos so let us know how you get on !!