Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk - A Brilliant way to read forums like this on your smartphone page

Valarauko is offline Senior Member

Question Tapatalk - A Brilliant way to read forums like this on your smartphone

Shop Now
    I have a request: Please configure this forum to be able to use tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a powerful iphone, android, nokia, Blackberry and Windows 7 mobile application that allows you to easily and comprehensively post and navigate the forum using your smartphone or tablet pc, you can even access your PM's

Another forum I frequent uses it and it is absolutely brilliant.

There is a free forum plug-in that can be downloaded: vBulletin is supported.
    *So basically the forum owner/administrator installs a free plug-in to the forum and we - the users get the app from our respective app stores/market and then we use the forum via the application on our phones.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

*I sent a PM to the admins weeks ago, but I guess it got lost in the pile, so I want to see if there a ground swell of support from forum users with smartphones who would be interested in having a such a feature available to them.

Please post a reply if this is something that you would like to see.

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    This would be pretty nice. I've tried to read this forum on my iPhone and it's not all that easy. Someone requested Tapatalk on Robb Wolf's forum and it didn't seem to take much effort for the administrator to get it up and running. I hope Mark gives this request consideration.

Robb Wolf's forum? really! Awesome! best news I have had all day. Brilliant. I checked a month back it there was nothing there, but I see it's a very new addition! sweet!

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I too would like to see an easier way to navigate the forum fro my mobile device!

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    +1

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Anything that makes it easier to read on my Android would be very welcome!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Here are some random screen shots I just took of the a galaxy tab forum I was browsing, as you can see I am guest, but had I been a member I could sign in and post etc.

main contents page of one forum

topics within a subforum

the thread

bix
    bix is offline Senior Member
    Yes, please!!

It appears that it is not too hard to set up (http://tapatalk.com/plugin.php) and will work with vBulletin.

I use this app on my android phone and as much as I hate to rely so much on a piece of technology, it saves me a lot of time and I waste less time on the laptop at night (and then have more time to move around!)

bob
    bob is offline Member
    +1

iniQuity is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Anything that makes it easier to read on my Android would be very welcome!
    Yes please the beauty that is my Fascinate could use this. I actually rarely post from my phone because it can be a bit of a drag. Let’s get this going please!

EDIT: slightly off topic but if you have an android phone, download the dolphin browser but make sure to get the MINI version. It’s awesome, fast, compact, I almost want to cry thinking about how happy it makes me.
    Last edited by iniQuity; 02-22-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast