Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellulite page

lucyewok is offline Member

Cellulite

I am 25 years old and have already completed my 'weight loss journey.' When i was 21 i weighed 173lbs and am 5 foot tall, and i now weigh 123 lbs, going down 4 dress sizes in 9 months. I did this the conventional way, 'healthy balanced low fat diet' and exercise concentrating on cardio.

after 4 years i had found new ways of exercising and had found weight training, HIIT for cardio, and body weight work outs and had toned my body down to a 25 inch waist. I am now a qualified gym instructor and spinning instructor teaching 1/2 classes a week after my full time job and really enjoy doing this.

i am happy with my physique to a point and know i can lose a lot more body fat, the only thing is i am pear shaped and still carry most of my weight on my hips, bum and thighs and also have cellulite. i hardly drink and when i do its rarely more than 2 or 3 drinks, i am highly active and have started to eat a paleo style diet and its still there.

if any one has had this problem or knows how i can tackle this further i would appreciate the help. i know that 90% of women have cellulite but i want rid of it.

thanks

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Do you dairy? I've heard a number of people say that stopping dairy helps.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I am working on this.

There are some women here who've said that just eating Primal alone made theirs go away.

I need some more help. Mine is awful, from a former life of years of living off Diet Pepsi and its Red Swirl of Death and also gaining and losing weight in unhealthy ways repeatedly. I really wish I would have gotten all sorts of before/after photos before I started this, but I did not. I don't really know/didn't look to see what my cellulite looked like before.

Anyway, what I am doing is following Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman's (PhD in nutrition and on our side of the nutrition fence) protocol for this. A lot of women on her site have seen great success with this and swear by it.

Cranwater (water + 100% cranberry juice) in an 8:1 ratio [I had a hard time finding this juice that didn't have sugar in it, but finally scored some at Trader Joe's]
    Dry brushing (look for videos on YouTube -- it's important that you brush toward your lymph nodes)
    Bounce on mini trampoline or Rebounder for 10 minutes in the morning (will flush/help your lymphatic system, which is going to be working overtime during this)

All these three are to be done together; it's not mix-and-match.

I am also adding in a cellulite massage oil made up of therapeutic-grade essential oils called Cel-Lite from a company called Young Living. I love all their products and their other oils have been amazing effective for me.

There are some lotions/creams on iherb.com and amazon.com that have surprisingly good reviews and high marks.

Good luck with this! Let us know how it goes and what you are doing.
    (And be sure and take "before" photos.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    I've almost always been on the slender side, my heaviest being 145 at 5 foot 8. Generally I am low 130s. I didn't become physically active till I was 17 but, since then, I have been a generally fit person, tending to run more than anything else, but also moderate weights (not moderate like Gwyneth, moderate like a normal woman at the gym). I am 35 now, so 18 years of fitness. I've got the saddle bags too, and pretty much nothing has ever changed my cellulite. I see obese women in the locker room with less cellulite than me. QUITE frustrating.

But, after 10 months primal, I THINK I see a reduction. Total weight lost has been maybe 6 pounds, I'm doing this more for health reasons. I consume a lot less dairy than I used to, but it's not off limits. Also, over the past 3 months, I've worked out a lot less than normal, in fact less than 10 workouts in 3 months (completely abnormal). But I looked at my tushy the other day in the bathroom mirror and I swear the cellulite is less.

So my point, and I do have one, is be patient. I think this WOE has reduced my cellulite even when I'm not doing much else for it.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    That's very interesting about dairy, shat.

Dr. Gittleman's food plan is dairy-free (it's pretty close to Paleo/dairy-free Primal, but she doesn't call it that), so maybe that has something to do with their success over there.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    My understanding is that cellulite is just a description for how most women store subdermal fat. It has to do with the structure of the connective tissue and inflammation. I have noticed a significant reduction as I am dropping body fat--and also am wondering if it is linked to the reduction in my overall inflammation, now that I am supplementing Vitamin D, sufficient Omega 3, low fructose, no gluten, etc. I eat lots of dairy, but I can imagine that not eating dairy would help those who have an inflammatory reaction to it.

Paleobird Guest
    I can't put my finger on the reference at the moment but I remember reading that the uniquely cottage cheesy texture of cellulite is indicative of fat storage for the purpose of encapsulating toxins when the liver is too overwhelmed to deal with them. This would seem to make sense as I have seen some extremely thin young women with way more cellulite than they should have. Of course they are the ones sucking down diet sodas and cigs to stay thin. I'm not saying that this is you, Lucyewok, but have you perchance been exposed to any kind of environmental toxins or taken a lot of meds your body needs to process out?

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    TigerLily, ALG's forum is where I got the idea for no dairy. Her plan does allow dairy in the third phase but many swear it worsens their cellulite. I do think the cranberry helps flush out toxins and the dry brushing and rebounding help with lymph flow.

I am "wet brushing" now where I use those shower mits and put some olive oil soap to make them move easier. I massage my legs daily in the shower and it seems to be getting better. I really should get back on that rebounder.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    My cellulite melted away when I went primal. Wheat, sugar and artificial sweeteners make it worse. I still do dairy and caffeine.

lucyewok is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thank you all for your help, it is a frustrating and embarrassing problem to me and really gets me down at times. i am going to defianatly try the dry brushing and try harder to stick to primal way of eating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast