Thread: worn out? page

MyBodyMyTemple is offline Senior Member

worn out?

Primal Fuel
    Pretty much my whole life I have been an exercise junkie. Now that the pressure is off, I don't want to exercise! Lifting heavy things and sprinting doesn't sound as enticing as it once did. I can walk for 2-3 hours each week. I'm wondering if I should push through it and just lift heavy things and sprint, or should I take some time off?

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBodyMyTemple View Post
    Pretty much my whole life I have been an exercise junkie. Now that the pressure is off, I don't want to exercise! Lifting heavy things and sprinting doesn't sound as enticing as it once did. I can walk for 2-3 hours each week. I'm wondering if I should push through it and just lift heavy things and sprint, or should I take some time off?
    The fundamental question is, "What's the point of exercise?" When one is able to answer that question, then it becomes more clear what one should do.

Cromagnon is offline Junior Member
    I'd suggest getting more "play" time in. It doesn't all have to be about exercising. And if you don't have any motivation to play, I'd suggest therapy, lol.

Mattman is offline Member
    Funnily enough my Parkour training is my "play", as well as the extra conditioning I do on top of that =D

To answer the question, "What's the point of exercise?". The point of exercise to me is to reach the goals I have set for myself, personal challenges I aspire to complete. It also makes my body stronger so I can live a better quality of life devoid of injury and disease =)

How long you looking to take time off for? Like a week or so off will do your body good in the long run =)
    Here's my resolve.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Exercise is what allows me to play longer and harder. Plus when I don't exercise, I feel like crap. Carrot and stick. Very effective.

Gordo