Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Days, I don't want no veggies page

bokbadok is offline Senior Member

Some Days, I don't want no veggies

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today was one of those days. Anybody else ever have this happen? I don't sweat it, since it's unusual. Just kind of interesting.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    we all have them. i eat ruminants, they eat the grass for me, i figure it all works out. "you are what you eat and what you eat eats too" paraphrasing michael pollan.

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    I don't really buy or cook my own food, and a lot of days vegetables just don't happen, except in the form of potatoes or green beans. I know I need more vegetables, but I've never been a huge veggie lover. I don't dislike vegetables, but wouldn't say I'm at all enthusiastic about them. I'm worried though because it seems like I should be eating a mountain of them every day for a few reasons. I'd be interested in learning about acidity/alkalinity in the body from Mark.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    When I first started, ALL I wanted to eat was meat. I had to choke down the veggies. Now I go through phases - lots of veggies for a while, then lots of meat for a while. I figure it all averages out in the end

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Now that I am not addicted to carbs, i trust what my body wants. Yes, some days that's lots of veggies, some days not. Same for meat, dairy, fruit, everything.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    I generally only experience this lack of desire for carbs like maybe Monday - Sunday on a given week. The rest of the time, though, hey - pile me up a big old salad!

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I can't think of a time where I didn't want to eat vegetables. However, there are occasionally days where I don't want to eat meat (well, the meat we buy. I just get tired of beef/pork/chicken. I'd love some fish, or shrimp, or something).

Dylan1965 is offline Junior Member
    i ALWAYS want to eat avocado, and i do green monster (spinach!) for breakfast, so even if i dont get in my lunchtime salad, i rely on those 2.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1965 View Post
    i ALWAYS want to eat avocado, and i do green monster (spinach!) for breakfast, so even if i dont get in my lunchtime salad, i rely on those 2.
    Avocado is a fruit.

I'm not big on salads, but I love a big pile of roasted veggies! But taking the time to make them is another story, so it's not so much whether I crave them, but whether I feel like making them.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    Usually adding bacon fat fixes that issue for me.
    * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
    Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast