Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Stick Blender page

Maurabela is offline Member

RIP Stick Blender

Shop Now
    I'm so sad, I just blew out the motor in my stick blender. Now here is the question, should I replace it? I use it 99.9% of the time to make Franken-primal goodies (I broke it making brownies using mostly almond butter...) So maybe I shouldn't replace it and I will live more of a primal/paleo lifestyle by default? What's your take?

Paleobird Guest
    I use mine to mash cauliflower, blend coconut milk shakes, make cream of (veggie xyz) soup. It has lots of primal uses too.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Go without it for 2 weeks and see if you miss it?

Maurabela is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I use mine to mash cauliflower, blend coconut milk shakes, make cream of (veggie xyz) soup. It has lots of primal uses too.
    Yeah, I had forgotten about the mashed cauliflower and soup when I posted originally. I guess I'll need to replace it then.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Replace it. I use it to scramble eggs, puree soups - broccoli, cauliflower, tomato-basil, pureed celery root.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurabela View Post
    I'm so sad, I just blew out the motor in my stick blender. Now here is the question, should I replace it? I use it 99.9% of the time to make Franken-primal goodies (I broke it making brownies using mostly almond butter...) So maybe I shouldn't replace it and I will live more of a primal/paleo lifestyle by default? What's your take?
    Noooooooo, so sad. That is my most frequently used piece of kitchen equipment ever. I use mine daily.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i've never had one, so easy to live without.

i, honestly, own no other kitchen appliances than these: oven/stove and fridge/freezer. everything else is manually operated.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I love mine. Had the original one for about 15 yeas before I started to use it . Now - it is used most days. Soup mainly - how I love root veg soup pureed with the stick blender.

Anyone used it for mayo? Does it work with just yolks - the instruction book says whole egg and in my book that ain't real mayo!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    Noooooooo, so sad. That is my most frequently used piece of kitchen equipment ever. I use mine daily.
    +1
    Daily!

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I love my stick blender! I use mine for mayo, but I don't recall if I used just yolks or the entire egg. I do know it worked amazing for it though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast