Thread: I'm stuffed! page

Katblack is offline Senior Member

I'm stuffed!

Primal Fuel
    I usually notice that I am stuffed when eating my meals. Coupled with IF'ing, I feel like I am not getting enough calories in. I will briefly go over the amount of calories that I am consuming and they probably average around 1900 and that is only if I am having breakfast with my smoothie. I am able to drink my calories better than I am able to actually eat them. I am only concerned because I don't want to undereat while trying to lose weight. I can only eat alot if I eat my food throughout the hour. Is there anything wrong with that?
    You don't have to be sick to get well

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    The high fat content in this diet contributes to that feeling of satiety. Listen to your body. Don't eat when you're not hungry, and stop eating when you're not hungry anymore. If your calorie level is a concern, then IF less. Part of this diet is getting in tune with the messages your body is sending you and trusting them. Your body will tell you if you aren't getting enough calories!

Sound advice Beastman. I fear that I have limited my fat intake because I felt it was excessive. At the same time, I started the IF which was probably counterproductive.

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Indeed. Don't limit your fat intake. That is the old Conventional Wisdom talking. Eat plenty of fat. Eat when you are hungry...genuinely hungry though, not just bored. Took me a minute to figure that one out.

How long have you been primal?

Actually I have been primal for almost 3 weeks now. I do really good with eating when hungry. I just got overly zealous with the IF, and realized that I am eating close to nothing. I will take up the more fat, advice. I was going to fast for Dinner, but I think I will get a nice fattening meal ready for me.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been doing this for very long, but it seems to be working so I'll add my $0.02. I try to stick to the carb and protein levels Mark lays out in the book. 50-100g of carbs and .8-1g of protein per pound of lean mass. The rest is fat. I'm not calculating it out with precision, but I find if I stay within primal foods, this naturally works out. I don't eat when I'm not hungry. I stop eating when I'm sated but not full. When I log stuff in FitDay, it appears I'm naturally ending up at 1500 cal/day which is about right for my size and activity level. I don't tend to IF since I'm hypothyroid and it seems some of us hypo people have negative consequences from that. I might try it when I feel I've got all this really dialed in.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    General advice is not to IF until you have your macros down. I didn't IF until I had been eating primal for 2 months.
    That said--do what works for you!

@DaisyEater thanks for the .02
    @Dragonfly, I will definetly put IF'ing on the back burner until I am well into being Primal. Perhaps after 6 months.

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't tend to IF since I'm hypothyroid and it seems some of us hypo people have negative consequences from that.
    I'm sorry to be late to this thread - but I am curious what do you mean specifically by "negative consequences"?

I take armour for low thyroid, but I also IF quite a bit. I'd like more details, and even a link if someone has it. Thanks!
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs