Thread: Feeling of depression in the afternoon page

jimpag is offline Senior Member

Feeling of depression in the afternoon

Shop Now
    Every afternoon, when it starts to get dark I get a really strong feeling of depression, I really feel superbad, just wanna die, and this lasts for 2-3 hours. This happens EVERY day and always at the same time, and the rest of the day I feel really good.

Anyone else experience this and have any tips for improving?

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    That sucks. How is your sleep, diet, and activity?

primalpilgrim is offline Senior Member
    Seasonal Affective Disorder? Do you turn on certain kinds of lights when darkness falls? Are you sensitive to certain electromagnetic waves from these appliances?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hugs. Do you get any sunshine?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by bwhit View Post
    That sucks. How is your sleep, diet, and activity?
    I think my sleep is good. I usually fall asleep pretty fast and dont often wake up during night. Im am constantly fatigued though but thats prolly because another issue.

My diet is mostly solid but when I think about it I have for the last weeks upped the amount of suger free redbulls and that was about that time it started to get worse. Also it got even worse im pretty sure of for 1 weeks ago when I had two really bad cheat days with pizza etc, first cheat in a month.

Lesson learned now though, no more cheats and im already slowly lowering the amount of redbull and caffein.

And about activity, one more thing that has been lacking now that it have become worse, but thats because I got a crack in my ribs on MMA practice so cant really train for a month or so, but might try to to some cyckling or some easy cardio where I dont have to use the rib area so much, always feel so much better when I work out daily.

So these might have made it worse, but still I always have had this for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by primalpilgrim View Post
    Seasonal Affective Disorder? Do you turn on certain kinds of lights when darkness falls? Are you sensitive to certain electromagnetic waves from these appliances?
    Might be something with SAD, im always in general semi depressed winter times and feel great in summer. The sun makes me feel so good which made me think Vitamin D deficiency but I suplement with 10K IU a day now during winter.

And about the lights I always have lots and lots of lights turned on in my room the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Hugs. Do you get any sunshine?
    Living in sweden so no sun now for a couple of months

--------------

Thanks for all the answers got me thinking

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpag View Post
    My diet is mostly solid but when I think about it I have for the last weeks upped the amount of suger free redbulls and that was about that time it started to get worse. Also it got even worse im pretty sure of for 1 weeks ago when I had two really bad cheat days with pizza etc, first cheat in a month.

Lesson learned now though, no more cheats and im already slowly lowering the amount of redbull and caffein.

Living in sweden so no sun now for a couple of months

--------------

Thanks for all the answers got me thinking
    Yep, that Redbull stuff is like crack. The post buzz crash could look and feel very much like depression.

Getting some sun would also help but then that's easy for me to say. I live in southern California.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I used to get that. Every day, too.

Then I quit my job. Now I feel lots better.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Im an onlinepoker player so no problems with hating my job