Thread: MD: Cholesterol may not cause Heart Disease page

Shop Now

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/why-cholesterol-may-not-b_b_290687.html

He talks about the 'dirt' on statin drugs and the REAL reason for heart disease: Sugar, especially HFCS.

I am keeping this link. Since so many people balk at my saturated fat intake and say "What are your cholesterol numbers like????"

And, sadly, only CW MD's are the 'genius' in everyone's eyes. My doctor said it, so it MUST be true. Even if their doctor puts them on a low-fat diet and their lipids are STILL not being reduced...

Acmebike is offline Member

I have a handful of doctors, nurses and a statin drug salesman or three in the family, and ALL of them parrot CW. And all of them exhibit one or more symptoms of metabolic syndrome. And all of them have put zero thought into nutrition beyond what is put out by mainstream media.

I've got a local nurse practitioner reading Good Calories, Bad Calories, so I can then interview them to by my medical go to professional. Her office has considered the "Paleo Thing" and is moving that direction. Not that I really need any medical attention now that I've got Primal!

That's so true. That's why I am keeping the link. ANY CW/ mainstream article that can be read by these CW brainwashed zombies out there is better than me spouting off what I've learned by my research. People don't care that this is a full time hobby of mine, researching and analyzing data from various studies and the like. Because I'm not a Doctor with a student loan the size of a mortgage, I must be a dunce.

That's great to hear about your office. I love hearing about medical proffesionals whom are willing to 'learn new tricks'. I think MD's who are close-minded and refuse to research further possibilities are 1. Poor excuses for their profession (wouldn't YOU want to 'heal' more of your patients if it were possible??) & 2. They must think they are just the cream of the crop! I mean who REALLY knows EVERYTHING? I don't care how 'brilliant' you are, you can still learn a new 'truth' or find a new piece of data to add to the puzzle!

pandapuffs Guest

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I forwarded the link to my mom, who has high cholesterol and just got it checked yesterday. She said she expects a pitch for statins if her numbers aren't great, and now she has information to back up her decision (which she'd already made for other reasons) to say no.

She is also reading "Real Food" by Nina Planck, which I recently recommended to her, and is taking all this new info very seriously. Yay!

Oh that's great primalpanda! She's going to be educated right away and is open to learning the truth. I'm happy for you/ her.

I keep coming accross MANY articles on just how bad statins really are for you. And Doctors are pushing them like the newest 'candy'! It's sickening. Heck, even Mark Sisson was told that his cholesterol was up and they wanted to push Statins on him right away (I've heard of several other 'Primals' whose doctors did the same thing). Problem is, they are not looking at the whole fluffy LDL / dense LDL/ HDL picture.

pandapuffs Guest

Luckily my mom is super paranoid about anything that's hard on the liver because she's had liver issues in the past.

I never knew much about statins, but what I've read is scary. I'm glad I know the story before anyone in my family started taking them!