Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diluting Canned Coconut Milk? page

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member

Diluting Canned Coconut Milk?

Primal Fuel
    Considering I've been going through my So Delicious coconut milk in a few days and it's just heavily diluted coconut milk, I picked p three cans of Native Forest full fat coconut milk. I tried diluting it - but it mostly tastes like water. What ratio do you use? Do you put it in a blender, or just mix?

Thanks!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I make this recipe: http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/...e-creamer.html

I make a double batch and add one can of water, since I prefer it a little more pourable than the original.

I've simplified it over time so I just hand whisk it lightly (takes almost no effort) and I sometimes use light olive oil instead of having to melt the coconut oil.

Curious why you feel like you HAVE to dilute the canned stuff?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I use 2/3 canned to 1/3 water.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Liz - Perfect! I will definitely try that. And it happens to be one of my "snacks" (a few sips a day), the full fat I love for cooking and for mixing with berries, but it's more like a cream than a milk.

Supersellen - I will also try that. I'm sure one of the two will work perfect

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I think the So Delicious stuff mostly tastes like water (I tried the unsweetened variety once). Looks like liz gave you what you needed, I was just chiming in, heh.

uansari1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lexsi340 View Post
    Considering I've been going through my So Delicious coconut milk in a few days and it's just heavily diluted coconut milk, I picked p three cans of Native Forest full fat coconut milk. I tried diluting it - but it mostly tastes like water. What ratio do you use? Do you put it in a blender, or just mix?

Thanks!
    Kind of off-topic... but does the label on your Native Forest full fat milk now say 8g of sugars?

jkt2 is offline Member
    i just bought some more native forest organic coconut milk, too... same thing... says 8g of sugar. before it said 1g sugar... *nothing* else is different (other than appearance of the label, a bit). does anyone know if this is a misprint??

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Really? I grab Native Forest all the time and don't even bother to look anymore.What's going on?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Has the serving size changed? This topic came up in a thread about chocolate, but that is due to the difference on how carbs are labeled in the U.S. versus Europe (they don't count fiber toward the total). But coconut milk is fiber-free so that's not the case here.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    The whole label design changed on Native forest along with 8g of sugar per serving compared to one before. NF how could you???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast