Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diluting Canned Coconut Milk? page 2

Primal Fuel
    I use this recipe all the time and I don't think it tastes watery: Coconut Drink Recipe | Joyful Abode I don't always sweeten it, but if I do it's a small squirt of honey or agave. It's delicious though! Very refreshing!

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    I add Walnut oil, a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of salt. The honey and salt is so it will keep longer than 4 days in the fridge. The Walnut oil is for the added flavor.

If you have to watch your salt intake and want to dilute it, try adding Cognac or Rhum to your coconut milk. It will help preserve it past 4 days in the fridge and will taste great in coffee.

theredandtheblue is offline Junior Member
    For what it is worth, I contacted Native Forest about the 8g of sugar and it is just a typo. I buy them in bulk and flipped out when I saw the sugar. I searched online and saw people were complaining here. The next batch will be back to 1g on the label.
    Last edited by theredandtheblue; 04-21-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Bill_89 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to confirm what the last poster said. I picked up Native Forest Coconut Milk today simply assuming it was 1g of sugar (since all of the other "statistics" are pretty much in line with Thai Kitchens), but when I brought it home it said 8 g of sugar. This didn't make any sense given that the only ingredients are coconut, water, and guar gum--where's the sugar coming from? It would be very comforting to know it was a typo . . . I wanted to give Native Forest a try due to their BPA free cans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12