Thread: Should I take a Probiotic everyday? page

Captain Scarlet is offline Junior Member

Should I take a Probiotic everyday?

Should I take a Probiotic everyday?

I'm confused! In the "Definitive Guide to Primal Supplementation", Mark says that he wouldn't take a probiotic everyday, but in his article "A Week in the Life of Mark Sisson", he says that he takes a probiotic everyday.

So, which is right, or what is best?

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I think everyone is a little bit different. I think it really depends on how bad your digestion is. If you are getting great results with a probiotic and your gut has healed nicely then you could probably slowly ween yourself off it. There are also a lot of great natural probiotics you could make if you want alternatives to the pill form.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how messed up your digestive system is. I had really bad IBS symptoms and when i went to my chiropractor for the first time (freebee because my husband went after he messed his neck up pretty bad mma fighting) after my x-rays etc in the consultation, without me even telling him i had digestive issues he could tell i did from where my spine was all messed up in the x-ray - i have congenital fusing in 3 places and one just happens to be right where i guess the nerves for the stomach and intestines are. anyways he recommended i supplement heavily with probiotics for the first month (one with every meal), then cut back to once per day.

Captain Scarlet is offline Junior Member
    OK, that all makes sense. I'll give it a go everyday, and see how I get on.

Thanks

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    When choosing a probiotic look for one that is guaranteed to contain a minimum of #... CFU at the expiry date on bottle. Keep refridgerated. Unless they are enteric coated take on an emtpy stomach otherwise less of the good guys can survive the stomach acid.
    Last edited by O_O; 02-09-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: typo

O_O
    I use DDS Plus from Inno-Vite. It is quality, purity and potency guaranteed and contains NO dairy, corn, wheat, gluten, soy, nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, yeast, GMO, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Hmm allergen free I guess!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I did try this when I first started this way of eating - in hopes that it might help with digestive issues. Well, after considerable expense, I couldn't see any difference whatsoever so stopped taking them again.

Did I deteriorate? Nope - stayed the same. Introducing potatoes again helped far more - perhaps the starch creates a better environment for the bugs I was missing??

O_O
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Even with being 10+ years gluten free I saw improvement with protein and mineral absorption after adding the probiotics.