Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Energy drinks page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Energy drinks

Primal Fuel
    So I find eating primal is pretty easy and I have great results with it so far, but I work right next to a Walgreens and I always go in there and buy the only energy drink I like--those Xenergy sugar-free ones, mango guava flavor (delish!). Is there anything primal that could sort of substitute for this drink? I think most energy drinks taste like, well, piss, but these ones are so good and I am weak lol. Thanks!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Energy drinks are just chemical soups. Ditch them
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Coffee: nature's energy! Now with more antioxidants than many veggies and fruits.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Supersonic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    So I find eating primal is pretty easy and I have great results with it so far, but I work right next to a Walgreens and I always go in there and buy the only energy drink I like--those Xenergy sugar-free ones, mango guava flavor (delish!). Is there anything primal that could sort of substitute for this drink? I think most energy drinks taste like, well, piss, but these ones are so good and I am weak lol. Thanks!
    Xenergy drinks, those were the days! This was my absolute favorite energy drink and flavor too! Before I went Primal, I bought cases of this stuff (several hundred dollars worth). I felt great drinking this stuff and the energy would last a long while after. I was searching for more energy and thought this drink was perfect. Well it is great until it starts affecting your overall state of health (sleep, hunger, skin, etc.). That's when I knew it wasn't a long term solution. I liked the high and had to find a more natural approach to achieve a "buzz" and real long lasting energy. Hence, why I went Paleo/Primal.

You like it because of the high buzz (caffeine) and the flavor. You will realize at some point whether you abuse this stuff or not that a highly processed energy drink isn't the answer. Live primally and guarantee you will never need to touch another energy drink again.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Coffee / espresso.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
    Xenergy drinks, those were the days! This was my absolute favorite energy drink and flavor too! Before I went Primal, I bought cases of this stuff (several hundred dollars worth). I felt great drinking this stuff and the energy would last a long while after. I was searching for more energy and thought this drink was perfect. Well it is great until it starts affecting your overall state of health (sleep, hunger, skin, etc.). That's when I knew it wasn't a long term solution. I liked the high and had to find a more natural apporach to achieve a "buzz" and real long lasting energy. Hence, why I went Paleo/Primal.

You like it because of the high buzz (caffeine) and the flavor. You will realize at some point whether you abuse this stuff or not that a highly processed energy drink isn't the answer. Live primally and guarantee you will never need to touch another energy drink again.
    That's awesome, I'm glad someone understands how good this stuff is! Lol. Did you replace it with anything or just go cold-turkey? Someone else suggested coffee, but that stuff is...nasty. I can drink Caffix but not actual coffee. Love your profile pic btw

Supersonic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    That's awesome, I'm glad someone understands how good this stuff is! Lol. Did you replace it with anything or just go cold-turkey? Someone else suggested coffee, but that stuff is...nasty. I can drink Caffix but not actual coffee. Love your profile pic btw
    Yes, I drank this stuff like it was water. In the beginning it was a can every other day, by the end of my run I was drinking two cans everyday!
    I understand that coffee flavor isn't appealing to everyone, but give it another try. Brew it and try different roasts and flavors. However, ever since going primal I touched coffee twice and didn't even finish my cup. Dark chocolate can give you that buzz if you need it for emergencies or during your transition into going Primal.

I slowly weaned myself off coffee and the Xenergy drinks over the course of a couple of weeks. If you stop cold turkey, you can pretty much guarantee there's going to be hell to pay. I guess you can imagine it's like quitting cigarettes or cocaine. Withdrawals are awful even if you are a "light" drinker.

Take it from me, get back to the basics! I know that sweet mango taste is divine, but it's really the devil!

It sounds crazy, but I have all day energy without touching caffeine now. It's really beautiful. Plus now I have more cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
    Yes, I drank this stuff like it was water. In the beginning it was a can every other day, by the end of my run I was drinking two cans everyday!
    I understand that coffee flavor isn't appealing to everyone, but give it another try. Brew it and try different roasts and flavors. However, ever since going primal I touched coffee twice and didn't even finish my cup. Dark chocolate can give you that buzz if you need it for emergencies or during your transition into going Primal.

I slowly weaned myself off coffee and the Xenergy drinks over the course of a couple of weeks. If you stop cold turkey, you can pretty much guarantee there's going to be hell to pay. I guess you can imagine it's like quitting cigarettes or cocaine. Withdrawals are awful even if you are a "light" drinker.

Take it from me, get back to the basics! I know that sweet mango taste is divine, but it's really the devil!

It sounds crazy, but I have all day energy without touching caffeine now. It's really beautiful. Plus now I have more cash.
    Lol it is divine! What types of coffee would you suggest, ones that don't have too strong of a flavor? It would be nice to wean myself off everything. I'm also a bit of a lush--I have a habit of relying on substances too much, and I'd like to learn how to live without doing that.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    try this really new product called water .. if u dont like the taste add a little squeeze of lemon or lime ...
    or heat it up, add this thing called coffee (or tea) and add coconut milk ...

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwineil View Post
    try this really new product called water .. if u dont like the taste add a little squeeze of lemon or lime ...
    or heat it up, add this thing called coffee (or tea) and add coconut milk ...
    Lol! I drink tons of water, that's not a problem, I just love having the Xenergy drinks for a treat, that's all. It's just addictive (to me)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast