Thread: Sweet tooth. Need help!! page

bball35 is offline Junior Member

Sweet tooth. Need help!!

I've been doing awesome at eating primal. I feel great!! But I still get the sugar cravings. We don't keep anything in the house but when I'm at birthday parties or friends house and they have cookies cake etc my sweet tooth kicks in. I've only given in once but is there anything I could substitute? What do you all do I you have a sweet tooth.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Chew gum when you're at the parties where there are sweets.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    I alway have an 85% chocolate bar in my purse. Actually last night we were at a potluck with tons of desserts, and I pulled out a chunk of chocolate, and was totally satisfied with that.

milkycereal is offline Banned
    yeah I let myself go yesterday at superbowl. I felt like poo. Honestly I think there's a point in this WOE where its actually hard to go back. I think my body knows whatsup nowadays. Even though i let myself go I eventually got sick of all the desert after a while....literally sick actually lol.

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    What might help is focusing on the other aspects of the party - i.e. strike up a conversation and enjoy the companionship instead of thinking about the food.
    But if you're just one of those people who likes to do things with their mouth (like me), I'd keep a pack of gum with me. Lots of people avoid gum because it can exacerbate sugar cravings, and because of the artificial sweeteners, but I find that I do just fine with it every now and then. Sometimes it's just nice to chew a wad of chemicals, I won't deny it.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Carry some macadamias and or dark chocolate.

I know what you mean about getting sick. We had to eat out this weekend when we were on the road so we chose Arbys and just at teh roast beef no bread or anything. Let me tell you, the next day I did not feel good...so it's funny how my body reacts to it and i havn't been doing primal that long!

I will start carrying some Chocolate with me, and if i can find some macadamia nuts!

uansari1 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Usually, something mildly flavored and fatty helps satisfy my sweet tooth. I do pretty well with chilled coconut milk or a spoonful of virgin coconut oil.