Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I killing my husband? page

Nik
    Nik is offline Member

Am I killing my husband?

Primal Fuel
    Hello -

I've been Primal a little over 3 months.....I eat loads of meat, butter, and oils. My husband also eats these things, since I am cooking for everyone. But, he will never convert to primal, and give up his junk food .

What I am wondering is......Is all this extra fat going to be worse for him, because he is still eating tons of grains and sugar?

Thanks for any input on this subject.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Yes. As I understand it, mixing fat + carbs is a recipe for disaster. It's a huge increase in calories and your body is primed to store all of it.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    That's what I was afraid of. How do other's here deal with this?

He's not gonna be happy when I am eating a Rib-eye with butter, and he gets a skinless chicken breast. I wish I could convert him, but he thinks I'm crazy.....and he is very close minded.

You would think after seeing me lose 25 lbs eating such great food, he would be at least a little open to the idea.

grokka is offline Senior Member
    But fat also increases satiety, so you don't want to eat as much. As long as he's not gaining weight it should be fine.

dboxing is offline Senior Member
    What about health? Will he read GCBC, or Why We Get Fat? Show him this study:

http://med.stanford.edu/news_release...arch/diet.html

I know carbs can be a dicey subject around here, but I think the fact that populations were cancer, heart disease, and diabetes free, until they encountered sugar and grain, is pretty noteworthy.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post

He's not gonna be happy when I am eating a Rib-eye with butter, and he gets a skinless chicken breast. I wish I could convert him, but he thinks I'm crazy.....and he is very close minded.

You would think after seeing me lose 25 lbs eating such great food, he would be at least a little open to the idea.
    My fiance is the same way. I lost 17lbs in a month, increased my bench press, and started to do pullups again, but she still thinks I'm crazy. She's a vegetarian and sort of angry that I dropped vegetarianism after 3 years. Only to exist on a diet consisting mostly of meat.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Believe me....I've tried to relay everything I've learned to him. He is uninterested, and doesn't even seem to care about his health. It's sad really.....so many people in my life are like this. Including my dad. I don't think they will change, until they get diabetes or have a heart attack. Stubborn ass men I have in my life!

I guess I'm just wondering if since he won't change his diet, if I need to look out for him, by not using so much butter and other fats in his food.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post

Tell him that he has to read Mark's book. Tell him you're not going to make, or buy, any more of his junky grainy crap until he does, and tells you what it says.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Tell him that he has to read Mark's book. Tell him you're not going to make, or buy, any more of his junky grainy crap until he does, and tells you what it says.
    That would be great.....if he read. He hasn't read a book in probably 15 years, if ever. You see I am married to a stubborn country boy, who likes his beer and bread.....and there's nothing anybody can say or do about it. I actually don't buy a lot of stuff he would like me to buy.....I told him if he wants it, he can go buy it. I can't do it. I feel like I'm poisioning him. He loves Ramen noodles.....I said "no more".....if you want them, you go to the store.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    On another board, a woman came to the conclusion that she should just buy a good life insurance policy on her current husband to enjoy with her next one, since her current one had no interest in eating or doing anything healthy.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast