Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF questions and comments page

dboxing is offline Senior Member

IF questions and comments

Primal Fuel
    Third day of IF, and I canít believe how good I feel. During the fasting period I have more energy than I know what to do with. During the eating window the food tastes amazing and I get satiated quickly. Let me stress that Iím not doing this to lose weight, in fact, Iíd like to gain a few pounds, however I am trying to lose some more body fat, so Iím not worried about the scale, just my waist line. I have to do my workouts in the morning, so theyíre done fasting. My first meal is around lunch and my last meal is around 7p.m. Any thoughts on macro nutrition during the eating window and/or other advice guidance, considering what Iím trying to do?

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Go here and absorb like you are a humanoid sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    Go here and absorb like you are a humanoid sponge.
    Great minds think alike, already did that. Just looking for more.

If you've read Martin's macronutrient advice and eating window guidelines, and you already know about eating primal, why do you feel you need more?

Don't overcomplicate things, just stick with it.

If you've read Martin's macronutrient advice and eating window guidelines, and you already know about eating primal, why do you feel you need more?

Don't overcomplicate things, just stick with it.
    Empirical evidence plus advice, beats advice alone. Not trying to complicate. The saying goes ď"Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others." I'd like to hear some more first hand accounts.

That's fair. I assume you've already checked Martin's testimonials page. My next stop would be Daemonized, a forum member here, who has had a great deal of success with IFing. You could PM him. Oh, and check out theleansaloon.com as well.

That's fair. I assume you've already checked Martin's testimonials page. My next stop would be Daemonized, a forum member here, who has had a great deal of success with IFing. You could PM him. Oh, and check out theleansaloon.com as well.
    Thanks!

David_DC is offline Senior Member
    I'm trying to lose weight and I have a question about losing weight and protein while fasting. Breakfast is a huge source of protein for me. I usually eat 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon. SO if I'm IF'ing during breakfast times on a daily or almost daily basis. Should I make up for that at lunch and dinner?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David_DC View Post
    I'm trying to lose weight and I have a question about losing weight and protein while fasting. Breakfast is a huge source of protein for me. I usually eat 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon. SO if I'm IF'ing during breakfast times on a daily or almost daily basis. Should I make up for that at lunch and dinner?
    No offense David, but if you consider 2 eggs and some bacon a “huge source of protein” then I wonder what the rest of your day looks like protein wise. You should absolutely make sure you’re getting enough daily protein, you do this by eating a lot of meat and/or a lot of eggs. Preferably you want to have both, but you may choose one over the other, of course. On workout days I have less eggs (in an attempt to reduce fat intake, and add some starch) but on other days/rest days I am likely to eat around 6 eggs at least. That’s usually one meal, to which I add some veggies and meat, then at night I have more protein but it’s typically a slightly smaller meal.

I’m a pretty small guy, but 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon wouldn’t even begin to fill me up, but you gotta remember that I’m eating twice to three times a day at MOST (almost always just 2 meals) so I’m used to eating “big” when I do.

So, in short, yes you have to make sure you “make up” for your protein later in the day. You could also try to fast at night by eating your last meal around 6pm and skipping dinner then having breakfast.

David_DC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi iniquity,

Maybe huge was the wrong word. I usually have 4 oz of meat (usually chicken thighs) 1 oz of goats cheese and one more egg along with my tomatos and mushrooms with my salad at lunch and half an avocado. for dinner it can be anything from a 6 oz steak, two fillets of fish and the other half of an avocado.
    Last edited by David_DC; 02-07-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast