Thread: Weekend Weight Gain and Alcohol connection page

walkingbird is offline Member

Unhappy Weekend Weight Gain and Alcohol connection

Primal Fuel
    I've been to two birthday parties over this weekend with lots of whiskey involved. Now I'm considering stopping at one drink per night in the future, for my own good.

Maybe for the first time in my life I did not get an epic hangover from drinking too much, but I still felt very tired and apathetic today. I also gained weight despite the fact that I ate mostly ham and mixed greens for two days. I had a banana this morning and a two oz jar of applesauce, but I'm now up 4 pounds! In two days! And bloated. Is it water retention or what?

Thanks,

Nastia
    By The Ancestral Fire - insights and opinions regarding primal living.

As a friend once said, "Bacon is the Journey of food. You may pretend to hate it, but secretly you still love it."

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    One drink per night always sounds good in theory...

at least whiskey is a reasonable choice

I don't understand why but a bit of a binge usually sees me drop weight initially. It doesn't last but I see the opposite

walkingbird is offline Member
    One drink per night always sounds good in theory...
    Drinking is a social thing for me. When I drink more than I think is reasonable it's always because I'm following the crowd.
    By The Ancestral Fire - insights and opinions regarding primal living.

As a friend once said, "Bacon is the Journey of food. You may pretend to hate it, but secretly you still love it."

ilikesubtitles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How much weight did you gain? Weight can fluctuate so much, especially if you're a woman, even in the span of one day. I wouldn't pay it much attention if it's less than 5 or 10 pounds, as it would be hard to blame the alcohol for that. But if booze makes you feel crappy then don't drink it, definitely.