Thread: Sudden onset . . . page

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

Sudden onset . . .

Primal Fuel
    . . . weariness.

Generally speaking, I don't get *low carb flu* when I go low carb, and this time was no exception. I cut the carbs cold turkey and began feeling amazing the very first day (don't ask how I manage to forget that feeling and go back to eating crap. I don't know. I'm hoping this time is the charm).

Well, I guess it's like day 16 or 17 now and today I found myself suddenly exhausted. Like, sitting at my desk typing one minute, in dire need of a nap the next. (Which, listening to my body, I took).

I haven't changed my eating habits since going low carb. I'm under 100g per day every day with about a third of those days ringing in under 50g. Yesterday was definitely an above 50g day, but today I've had nothing but eggs, a handful of macadamia nuts, and shrimp. I had the shrimp after I woke up from my nap. I'm eating around 3000 calories a day.

I've been getting plenty of sleep. And my exercise levels are moderate. I didn't exercise at all today and yesterday was just an hour walk. In fact, come to think of it, I haven't engaged in an intense workout since last Tuesday.

I know I should probably wait and see if this is a glitch or a pattern before asking about it, but it came on suddenly enough to kinda worry me.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of anything like this?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi,

This way of eating often causes rapid fluid loss which can cause electrolyte imbalance. The suggested solution is drinking 1-2 cups of bouillon per day. I find that 1 cup does the trick. It couldn't hurt to try.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-06-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Bouillon? Really? Can I use homemade stock? (My wife and daughter went vegetarian on me, so now I find myself with a freezer full of surplus broth that I used to go through pretty much as soon as I made it).

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I think the main difference would be a bit of salt, if you don't salt your stock.

Oh, and bouillon tends to get strained so it's clearish.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Hrm. I actually do salt and pepper my stock.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Then for this purpose, it should be interchangeable. Heck, I think unless you're a French chef, they're interchangeable.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I find the generic bouillon cubes to be easiest. They have alot of sodium. In fact my husband cringes every time I drink it, but he is not Primal, so what does he know.lol

I would try your own stock first. Sounds delicious.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67