Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have your tastes changed? page

the bacon hut is offline Senior Member

Have your tastes changed?

Primal Fuel
    I've found that some food taste different since I've been primal. I had a steak the other night that was cooked with just salt and pepper and I could really notice the flavor of the meat. I had asparagus broiled with olive oil, salt and pepper and it tasted sweet to me. Even butter that used to have an oily taste to it now is creamy and sweet. I'm really enjoying the flavors of the food I'm eating. Has anyone else noticed a difference in the food you eat?

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed a difference, too. I can taste the natural sweetness in things now. I used to put sugar in my berries before without even thinking about it. Now, they are taste so wonderful without it, even when they are a little tart sometimes.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the bacon hut View Post
    I've found that some food taste different since I've been primal. I had a steak the other night that was cooked with just salt and pepper and I could really notice the flavor of the meat. I had asparagus broiled with olive oil, salt and pepper and it tasted sweet to me. Even butter that used to have an oily taste to it now is creamy and sweet. I'm really enjoying the flavors of the food I'm eating. Has anyone else noticed a difference in the food you eat?
    In a word, yes. As you ditch the grains and sugars, your body increases the number of sweetness receptors on your tongue, as you've noticed. It makes a huge difference - steak never tasted so good before.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely.

99% chocolate is delicious. 85% is more like milk chocolate now. Raisins are incredibly sweet. Grapefruit is nolonger bitter.

Eating real food and not having your taste buds bombarded with excessive sweets all the time makes your tastes, well... more refined.

freethinkingcavewoman is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes! I enjoy food on a whole different level. Simple is perfect. Sometimes I even ditch the salt.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Absolutely.

99% chocolate is delicious. 85% is more like milk chocolate now. Raisins are incredibly sweet. Grapefruit is nolonger bitter.

Eating real food and not having your taste buds bombarded with excessive sweets all the time makes your tastes, well... more refined.
    If I ever get to the point where I can eat grapefruit that will be a true testament.... (I cant stand grapefruit...even one slice of it mixed in a fruit cocktail is hideous. There is no amount of sugar that has ever saved grapefruit for me. )
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Yes. My family is getting really tired of me saying ecstatically about some primal concoction: "This tastes SO good...." while they chew a mouthful of the same concoction but with grains as well.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

janie is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Amazing difference on so many levels. There seems to be a depth of flavor to food that I likely couldn't notice when I was eating grains and sugars. They overpower the nuances of food, IMHO.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    The change in taste was amazing. I'd of never have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself.

My candy store is the produce department! Ah grapefruit...amazing. Just peel and eat.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    If I ever get to the point where I can eat grapefruit that will be a true testament.... (I cant stand grapefruit...even one slice of it mixed in a fruit cocktail is hideous. There is no amount of sugar that has ever saved grapefruit for me. )
    I don't know about the yellow ones, but the ruby ones are fantastic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast