Thread: Tracking nutrition with a partner page

Tracking nutrition with a partner

Last edited by secret agent girl; Today at 05:55 AM.

krassi is offline Member
    I'd say open up seperate accounts on fitday.com

Or download the Cron-o-meter, that's pretty useful too

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Well, sometimes you gotta work a little harder.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Heh, exactly -- I'm surprised that having an extra account seems like an intolerable quantity of extra work. Wow. You could give them both the same password you know, save yourself that much trouble at least.

I can't think of any way to do this other than each of you having an account. (unless you're going to write it all down on paper and total it that way -- THAT seems like too much work to me.)

My husband and I use SparkPeople. We like their Web interface and also the iPhone app.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Well sorry, I genuinely was surprised and amused. Seriously, how else could it possibly be tracked except per-person? I don't get it.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Millie Ivy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is you and your partner, correct? Will one of you be doing all the inputing or can you each do your own?

I would recommend sparkpeople in your situation (I prefer it for most anyways, but I can think of a couple reasons it's going to be extra good for you)

1-it's relatively easy to use, has a LARGE database of foods already added either by SP or by other members so I rarely have to input some weird food I use (like a gluten free brand of something or other...)
    2-Sparkrecipes is linked so if I make a recipe I'll input into sparkrecipes and then can add a serving directly to my log from there, that saves you a step for your spouse. Input info once and both of you can add it to your logs, make it a fave, etc. On fitday I could create a new food but I don't think I could "share" like that.
    3-awesome mobile apps. I have an EVO (Droid) and can input my foods on the go quicker than using the computer. I still get online on my laptop if I want to check out my weekly report or something but for logging food and workouts, SP mobile is fantastic.

I hope this helps. I understand why everyone was like "wtf" about your initial post, but I get it, especially if you were hoping to have one of you input everything for both. Honestly though, even if you cook meals together, you will have varying diets, especially after the first week. He'll need another snack, or you'll go on a coffee date with friends, etc etc. You need to track separately.

Bunches of blessings!