Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions for Primalish Desserts page 3

syzchan is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Was reading an online article about simple holiday dishes and one of the desert suggestions would totally work:

Bittersweet chocolate tartlets in coconut cups

Mix 2 egg whites with 2 cups of shredded coconut and press into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes and let cool. Fill the cooled cups with a chocolate ganache - heat cup whippingcream and pour over 8 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate and stir until silky smooth. Pour into tart shells and allow to cool and harden

I'm definitely going to try this out!

maba is offline Senior Member

Szychan, I'm so making those tartlets, they sound divine.

Paleomom, I was almost going to make that last night but didn't want to wait! I bet those berries would taste great w/ primal pancakes/waffles.

Misathemeb, that used to be my quick sugar-fix pre-primal. I used almonds though, sans cocoa. I would also add cardamom seeds for extra flavor. I'll have to try your version, but after the nut fast is over

misathemeb is offline Member

@maba lol yes after your nut fast. but the good news is it's ONLY 6 cashews which is hardly a splurge but i won't tempt you anymore

syzchan is offline Member

Update on Bittersweet chocolate tartlets in coconut cups. I made them tonight for a few friends I was having over for dinner (served them coconut chicken curry on cauliflower rice that they really liked). I made 11 using semi-sweet chocolate for them and then one using Lindt 85% chocolate, both with coconut cream scooped from coconut milk. The semi-sweet chocolate were perfect and a hit, but the Lindt one didn't mix well with the coconut cream and was paste-like. Otherwise, I think it's a great desert that you can individualize for yourself and any guests you have!

g2baker is offline Member

Hi Maba, I use to make this flourless cake that was really thin and you would use fresh whipping cream, then roll it up. You could take fresh strawberries and puree them a bit and spread on the inside with some Mascarpone*cheese. If you would like I can send you the recipe through Facebook. (Gigi)

Triple Berry Coconut Cake: This looks so good - agave nectar can be subbed with something more Primal.

http://www.simplysugarandglutenfree.com/triple-berry-coconut-cake-slightly-indulgent-mondays/

Gigi: yes please, thanks much. That sounds delicious. Mascarpone is like the cheese-equivalent of bacon, makes any dish it's added to better.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

gigi i would love that recipe.. reminds me of swiss cake rolls!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Me too gigi!!! Please post the recipe! <3

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ooh I just envisioned that flat flourless chocolate cake on a jelly roll pan, then rolled up with pureed berries (cooked down a bit so they&#39;re a little jam like) and whipped cream of some sort...I should not be looking at this thread while hungry!

Oh and please post your recipe gigi, I&#39;m going to need that ASAP!!!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

I can&#39;t believe I found a recipe for a flourless version of one my favorite desserts, Tiramisu! Here&#39;s the Oopsie Roll Tiramisu:

http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2008/02/oopsie-roll-almost-tiramisu.html

Cleochatra has a lot of good recipes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast