Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions for Primalish Desserts page 2

Helen Guest

Primal Fuel

I ordered Elana Amsterdam's book on Tuesday at Barnes and Noble. It came the following day. I was very impressed with this service.

I am going to make it my mission to try every recipe in this book. All the recipes look FANTASTIC!

maba is offline Senior Member

Thank you all SO much. Every recipe looks great, I'll have a tough time deciding which one to make.

Maba, you may want to go with simplicity and the ingredients you may already have around the house. That will limit the amount of money you have to spend by going to the store and the amount of stress you will feel since you will be entertaining your guests too!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Has anyone ever tried making cookies? Elana has quite a few recies and I was thinking to use a few for primal Christmas cookies, but I was just wandering if they have a similar texture as a regular cookie would.

I made some Elana's brownies last night. The brownies made with nut butter and now flour at all. They turned out quite nicely. I used combination of 83% and 100% chocolate and substituted unsweetened apple sauce for agave nectar.

I've been working on tweaking her Chocolate Chip recipe the past couple of nights now, but because she omits eggs, the consistency is just not right.

Whenever she calls for Agave Nectar, I use the applesauce and add a touch of molasses, Stevia and Erythritol to keep the sugars low.

I'll let you know if I get the recipe right. The first try made my entire family "oooh and ahhhh", but last night was worse. I'm still looking for a more 'chewy', like-CW type of cookie.

amandamarie is offline Junior Member

I have made the chocolate chip cookies and thought they were great. I used agave nectar. My husband couldn't even tell the difference! I know Elana is very specific about the almond flour that is used, and says only blanched works correctly for the recipes.

maba is offline Senior Member

This looks so good! Primal strawberry pie:

http://thisprimallife.com/2009/06/st...-a-primal-pie/

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

She's very specific about a lot of things. I was browsing around on her blog and some people ask her questions on appropriate substitutes for things like Agave which I don't use either. Not only she doesn't think it's possible to substitute Agave, but she doesn't even think you can substitute regular salt for Celtic Salt as it calls for in her recipes.

misathemeb is offline Member

i just made this tonight: HOLY FUDGY GOODNESS LOVE.

30 grams cashews, 80 grams dates, 5 grams (1T) dark cocoa powder. Blend in food processor, add a splash of water

i used 6 cashews (all i had lol), 4 medjool dates and 1tbsp extra dark cocoa. it made 5 "swedish meatball" sized fudgies. they are now gone ha. so tasty, my husband and i want more asap!

*tip i used a sandwich bag to shape them into balls because it's very sticky from the dates!

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

I love to make this for my kids. It's not even a cheat!

Peel a few apples (about 3/4-1 apple per person) and slice, place in baking dish. Add a food large dollops of pasture butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake @350 till the apples are soft. REALLY yummy. Same thing works great with frozen blueberries and probably lots of other fruit.

Snack on the apple skins while you wait for it to bake

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast