Thread: Getting Intentional about my fitness! page

MikeKey is offline Junior Member

Cool Getting Intentional about my fitness!

Greetings From Virginia Beach, VA. I'm Mike and a long with my wife JorDanee we've decided to get intentional about our fitness. And thanks to another blog Nerdfitness.com I learned about the Primal Blueprint, ordered the book and decided to start a 28 Day Fitness and lifestyle challenge.

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal. We're giving up on all processed foods for our diet. And trying to follow the Primal Blueprint to the tooth. I think we may start to experiment on our own after a month.

Do you consume dairy: I did, at the moment, I add a tablespoon of whole milk to cook my scrambled eggs. I think after our 28 day challenge I may consume it from time to time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, my wife however drinks coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: After getting married I started a new business, I went from an active lifestyle to sitting at my desk a lot. I also consumed unhealthy amounts of soda and junk food for a year straight. I went from a fit and lean 150lbs at 5'8 to 193lbs, and almost none of my clothes fit.

My work has also began to suffer. In the beginning I was consuming energy drinks to stay focused and sharp. But eventually I found my creativity bottom out to zlich, which is essential to my business and I could barely stay focused. And began having memory issues that really scared me.

When I couldn't fit the only pair of pants I had left that fit for a business meeting I got mad and decided it was time to get intentional about my fitness and set out to learn and formulate a plan.

Favorite exercise: Trail running

Favorite Primal food: STEAK and PORK

Best part about being Primal: How I feel after just 1 week.

Worst part about being Primal: I was a soda addict and I am still craving Mountain Dew. Why can't their be healthy mountain dew with the same sweet sugary taste. All the humanity.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to both of you! It's really going to help that you both are committed to this - having a commitment with someone else will help with the rough patches. And the forums will help, too - one reason people keep coming here. Be patient with yourselves, as you didn't get where you are now overnight. In fact, it may take longer to get back to where you once were, just because of the insidious damage the CW dietary rules inflict on a perfectly good human body.

But you will get there. The easy part will happen fast, the invisible damage takes longer to heal - but you're both young enough it ought to. Feel free to ask questions when you have them - the odds are good somebody else has had that problem/challenge/curious question, too.

Give yourself a week or two - that Mountain Dew won't taste nearly as good as you remember. And that's a good thing - A Very Good Thing. You'll see!

MikeKey is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's going good so far and starting to see great results. It is amazing how easy it was to get to this point, and the work required to get it back. This site is a huge resource though.

We're enjoying this so much, it's likely to stay a lifestyle.