Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parathesia? page

MrsToon is offline Senior Member

Parathesia?

Primal Fuel
    Folks, I am asking on behalf of my dad. He has constant numbness in the ball of each foot. Sometimes his fingertips become numb and tingly, and he experiences prickly electrical sensations from his fingers all the way to his shoulders at times. He is eating at least 80% primal, and has added more saturated fat to his diet, which has helped his mood. He currently takes prescription Adderall. He tried going off of it for a week and became anxious and depressed. When he takes it, he is happy, alert, and focused. He does not have a regular exercise routine, though he has been getting physical exercise while he remodels a new office space.

I told him the first thing y'all would suggest is vitamin D, which I have also been pushing. He thinks he gets enough from his diet because he eats a lot of steak . . . I am not convinced! I have him drinking cayenne pepper "tea", which is helping him sleep and is helping with tension and high blood pressure. Any advice for treating this tingling/numb condition would be greatly appreciated. His doc, a great guy, did a blood panel and said not to worry about it, but I can tell that this is stressing him out.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    He can't get enough D from his food unless he eats salmon ever day and LOTS of it! He needs to get out in the sun.

Gingko biloba can be helpful with circulation issues.

Try EFT with him!

Paleobird Guest
    Peripheral neuropathy like that can be the result of a myriad of different things from diabetes to MS to a pinched spinal nerve. But , in any case it is not something that should be ignored in the hopes that it just goes away. There is no way to do an internet diagnosis. Please get him to a real doctor for a complete physical.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to be alarming, but I'd consider getting a second opinion. A relative of mine had issues with numbness in the legs and it turned out to be a sort of bone spur thing in his neck that needed surgery. He's right as rain now. Or possibly there's some other kind of pinched nerve or something.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I had peripheral neuropathy that was caused entirely by a B12 deficiency. You can get a blood test for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Peripheral neuropathy like that can be the result of a myriad of different things from diabetes to MS to a pinched spinal nerve. But , in any case it is not something that should be ignored in the hopes that it just goes away. There is no way to do an internet diagnosis. Please get him to a real doctor for a complete physical.
    Thanks Paleobird. He was fairly disappointed when his very capable doctor seemed to think it was no big deal. I agree, it could be a very big deal!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Check out the Acti-patch on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...efix=actipatch

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    my husband had/has similar feelings, which could be due to any number of things. they couldn't find anything wrong with him neurologically, and ultimately we chalked it up to overwhelming anxiety and stress (he's naturally anxious; his whole family is ridiculously high-strung, and his parents are both on anti-anxiety meds -- no psychological treatment -- and his sister is diagnosed bipolar and on a number of medications, including one for anxiety).

he currently is primal (was gluten free before, and WAPF before that), which is helping a lot, and i've been making sure he gets sun without sunsscreen (which makes him anxious -- lol -- but we want to check on vit D levels), and he's also been meditating, getting more sleep, and also getting energy work done (either "pure" energy work or acupuncture).

our family doctor recommended sex and marijuana, but my husband turned down the latter, and between breast feeding and his constant kvetching, he wasn't getting any. LOL our doctor was great, though.

and yes, everyone treated it like it was 'no big deal' largely because they had nothing that they could treat. for most people, this is one of those mind-body connection thingies, and you gotta work on the cause. whatever that is.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I don't mean to disrespect the OP's original problem but....

Where the hell can I find a doctor who will recommend sex and pot to cure what ails me?? He sounds awesome!

No Kidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I don't mean to disrespect the OP's original problem but....

Where the hell can I find a doctor who will recommend sex and pot to cure what ails me?? He sounds awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast