Thread: Optimal ratio (% cals) from fat, protein, and carbs in a day

Optimal ratio (% cals) from fat, protein, and carbs in a day

Shop Now
    Hi All,

I was just wondering what the optimal ratio would be for % kcal from fats, protein, and carbs on an ideal day eating PB? Over the past 4 weeks I have averaged 55 fat, 30 protein, and 15 carbs. I am a former athlete and am still very active 4 days per week. Im doing just fine with the carb level (average 118g per day) and if I need a boost on a tough workout day I have a sweet potato with my post workout meal. I have found that I am getting very lean though. Thanks guys for any help you can give!

G

Optimal is what works for YOU.

Dr. Kurt Harris of PaNu reckons that anywhere from 5-30% carbs works for most people.

I get by better on 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carbs. I don't work out as much as you and I'm female, 48.

I don't think there is an optimal ratio at all, if you are healthy and not overweight. That sounds like a recipe for OCD. When I have tracked, it's always 50% + from fat and 20%+ from protien, for what it's worth.
    You sound like you are doing great as is.

13.5% carbs, 23.7% protein, 91.325% fat.

In all seriousness there really isn't a magic ratio. I used to sit right above ketosis at 10% carbs, 50% fat, 40% protein but my training started to suffer. I upped my carbs to 30% and let the fat and protein fall where they may and my training improved and my leanness increased.

It's pretty much a constantly evolving experiment and only you can find your ratio.

Thanks Guys! Im feeling great so Im not concerned. I just more or less wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks again!

Like others said there is no magic bullet it is kind of a personal thing, what works for you I am a 70 20 10 girl.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Shop Now
    Yup, everyone os different. I fall between 50-70% fat and 20-30% protein. So some days I am at 20% carbs and others 10, I always feel great.