Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: IF: Once a Week for Results? page

  1. #1
    john_solo's Avatar
    john_solo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    242

    IF: Once a Week for Results?

    Primal Fuel
    I'm looking to shed the last 10 pounds, and cut bodyfat a bit. I've done a 24-hour fast once a week for the last two weeks (will eat dinner on Monday night, then not eat again until dinner on Tuesday). Not hungry, drinking water, etc. Is there a preferred method for IF? Is once a week enough? There are other times during the week where I don't eat breakfast, but those are unplanned.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Zed's Avatar
    Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    341
    The 'lean-gains" approach (http://www.leangains.com/) works for many. In essence, you have "eating window" (8 hours) and a "fasting window" (16 hours). I am a big supporter of such IF. I am have been during that for a couple of months and I have witness nothing but positive results (i.e., less hunger, reduction of "body fat"/muscle gain, better sleep, etc).

  3. #3
    OneDeltaTenTango's Avatar
    OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    The 'lean-gains" approach (http://www.leangains.com/) works for many. In essence, you have "eating window" (8 hours) and a "fasting window" (16 hours). I am a big supporter of such IF. I am have been during that for a couple of months and I have witness nothing but positive results (i.e., less hunger, reduction of "body fat"/muscle gain, better sleep, etc).
    Do you do that on a daily basis, randomly, or a set number of times/week?

  4. #4
    healthy11's Avatar
    healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Do you do that on a daily basis, randomly, or a set number of times/week?
    Same question here

  5. #5
    Zed's Avatar
    Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Do you do that on a daily basis, randomly, or a set number of times/week?
    I do that on a daily basis. I eat from 12:00pm-8:00pm (2 large meals, with 2 snacks), then I fast till noon the next day. When I do my planned "20%" (which for me is high fat/high quality ice cream or half a bar of dark chocolate-72-86%) my eating window extends to 10:00-10:30pm. Works well for me, and it fits very nicely to my work hours. I know there is another member here that does the same, and works for him too.
    Last edited by Zed; 02-04-2011 at 07:46 PM.

  6. #6
    AnneArchy's Avatar
    AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    495
    Do you eat 3 meals in that time period? Right now I eat breakfast at 8:30, lunch at 12:30 (required lunch hour), and dinner anywhere from 8 to 10. I work 10-7 with an hour commute. Sooo, in order to do this I would have to eat breakfast at lunchtime, perhaps eat lunch at my desk later in the afternoon, and dinner when I get home? Or maybe combine breakfast and lunch into one?

    Oh yeah and do you add in any longer fasts on top of the 16/8 thing?

  7. #7
    Zed's Avatar
    Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Do you eat 3 meals in that time period?
    Only on rare occasion. I stick to 2 large meals per day. It is perfectly fine to eat 3 meals within that 8 hour time period.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Right now I eat breakfast at 8:30, lunch at 12:30 (required lunch hour), and dinner anywhere from 8 to 10. I work 10-7 with an hour commute. Sooo, in order to do this I would have to eat breakfast at lunchtime, perhaps eat lunch at my desk later in the afternoon, and dinner when I get home? Or maybe combine breakfast and lunch into one?
    I would say eat "breakfast" at lunch time, then your "lunch" around 4-5pm (or whenever you want to), and then eat dinner at 8:30pm. That is if you want to do three meals per day. You could also eat 2 large meals, one at lunch then another one for dinner, and incorporate snacks in between (fruits, nuts, cheese, dark chocolate, canned of sardines/tuna/sardines, etc) if you wish.


    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Oh yeah and do you add in any longer fasts on top of the 16/8 thing
    Yes, but only occasionally. Sometimes I will fast for 18-20 hours, usually those are not planned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •